2004 - 2008 F-150

Much quicker than it feels

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much quicker than it feels

Driving home from the airport tonight, I noticed a new Chevy Z-71 trying to toy with me. I guess he was probably interested in what the new F-150 would do. I am not one to race, but I figured I would toy with this guy as well. We are driving North on GA 400 and he guns it. I kicked it in and caught and passed the Z-71 with out a great deal of effort. GA 400 turns into access roads at the north end of the highway. At the first stop light we both took off. 0 - 25 the Chevy seemed to have an edge but the F-150 started to pull away after that. Somewhere between 60 and 65 I was a full 1.5 truck lengths ahead.

What amazes me is how smooth the F-150 was under hard accelaration. It did not seem like it was pulling that hard, but when I looked down I was doing a little over 90. It is so smooth that its performance is very deceptive.

No..I am not a hot rod driver by any means, but it was late and there was very little traffic. I had to flex the f-150 muscle a little bit.

Old 11-05-2003, 01:10 AM
Sweet
This isn't the first story I've heard about F150's smoking the competition. I wonder why it is some people still insist it's slow?

Old 11-05-2003, 02:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job.

Old 11-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by TruBluScru
Sweet
This isn't the first story I've heard about F150's smoking the competition. I wonder why it is some people still insist it's slow?
Because it's slow off the line, thats why. Plus it's so smooth, you can't feel it going that fast at all. It's kinda weird, a Ford drive like a Lexus, who would of thought, good job William.

Old 11-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Well I guess I'm still babying mine it hasn't gone above 75 yet. Going 90 would cost me over $200.00 to the road tax collector. Also remember your driving habits are being recorded by this vehicle and we may have to send you a ticket for flexing your muscle...

Old 11-05-2003, 09:51 PM
Ah, the Alpharetta Autobahn. 90 is about right if you want to keep up.

What's this about the vehicle is recording things. If this wasn't a joke, what is it recording?

Old 11-05-2003, 10:57 PM
The truck has a black box that records 5 seconds (IIRC) worth of data, continuously overwriting itself. It is supposedly in case the airbag goes off, so they can study what happened in case of an accident. But with a court order, someone suing you can access the data on it. There was a case not too awful long ago involving a hearse that hit and killed someone. The driver claimed he was going at such and such a speed, and slowing down. The black box showed he had accelerated right before the accident, and the lawyers suing him nailed his lying *** real good. This is when the existence of the black boxes finally came to light in the public's eye.

Quick Reply: Much quicker than it feels