2004 - 2008 F-150

Power Retractable Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Retractable Running Boards

Check out my gallery. I have pics of the Line-X Santa Fe Springs truck in there with the power retractable running boards. they go all the way down before the door is even open enough for a person to get in or out. they are awesome and about 4 inches wide. they come down low enough to be a useful step, not like a lot of nerf bars that are too close to the truck body to be useful. also, they hide away where you can't see them when the door closes. I got pics of all of this in my gallery. I am not sure who makes them and I contacted the Ford dealer that installed them to get more info. still waiting for their call back. i really like these and I hope they become available for my 04.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:16 PM
That is neat...

Old 10-29-2003, 08:29 PM
I just found out more about those running boards. They are manufactured by Amp Research and are called Power-Step. There's a video of them on a Screw if you go to that link. For now they are available exclusively from a company called Roll Along in Placentia, CA (714-337-7551, Frank, cell). The ones for the 04 will be available in January (if i had a nickel for everytime I've heard that in the past month...). They run $1300 for the F-250 installed and are available for some Dodge trucks. They expect them to be factory installed options from the Big 3 by 2006. Really really cool IMHO.

BTW, after poking around i found that Amp Research is the company that invented the Bed X-tender. They've sold 500,000 of these to date, not bad. They seem like a cool company.

Last edited by BrewMaster; 10-29-2003 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks for that info BrewMaster!! Those are really cool!! They seem like they would be both practical and also something with a little of the novely value to talk about with the guys at work and whatnot. Really though, I like that they tuck away when the doors are closed. Very cool, indeed!

Cheers.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Those are pretty sweet.

I have to say though, one of the things I like about running boards is the fact that they stick out. They protect your brand new doors from some dumbass opening his door into you, or a loose shopping cart. You miss out on that will the fancy retractables. Still though, very cool mod.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:16 PM
IMHO - If you got a 4x2, you don't really need a $300 nerf bar (or running board, your choice), but they look good. If you got a 4x4, you need a nerf bar, and they still look good. Now, for $1300 you get a nerf bar that you need...but you can't see it??? I dunno...

Old 10-30-2003, 10:56 AM
they are truly functional, so I love that. the guy who owns that Line-X truck would pull his truck up to the store, open the door and step without even looking down. they are that quick. it is awesome. that is what caught my eye.

TruBluScru, do nerf bars or running boards really stick out enought to protect the door? would the protect the whole door or just the bottom (of a lifted truck for example)?

the $1300 for the F-250 is pretty steep and I doubt they will lower that for the F-150. That is the only thing stopping me from running out to the shop and signing up for an installation appointment. I will have to see how hard of a financial hit I take lifting the truck and doing all the other mods. but damn, these things are sweet...

Quick Reply: Power Retractable Running Boards