2004 - 2008 F-150

daystar lit installed...wow

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My question is, if you have a load in the back or trailer, does the rear end up lower than the front?

Thanks,

Old 10-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Just bought the spacers on Ebay for 102.50...

...I should have them installed within 2 weeks.

Old 11-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by geo036
Just bought the spacers on Ebay for 102.50...

...I should have them installed within 2 weeks.

Installed today...very happy with the results. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would with the stock rims/tires. Will probably be next spring before I get new meat. The truck does feel alot bigger with this mod. Paid 102.00 on ebay, paid 100.00 for install...no alignment needed. Posted one pic in my gallery...

Old 11-08-2003, 06:29 PM
I have my daystar lift kit and tried to get it installed today. The place I went to did not have the socket for the lower strut removal. I guess, I will try somewhere else, but am really looking forward to have it done.

I also purchased daytime running module from Ford that supposed to give me DRL. I am going to install tomorrow and let everyone know how it works.

Old 11-09-2003, 11:04 PM
for those of you who put that daystar lift in as I did. it really throws your headlights off. I was out doing some night time driveing and got flashed a few times with brights. then I pulled up behind a medium sized car and my headlights were hitting the backs of the peoples heads in the car. man he was going bald and I just about went blind
So when I got home I checked my headlights acording to the owners manual. and they were way off. so I adjusted them. it was really easy. just took a few minutes really easy directions in the owners manual.

so far I am really happy with the way this lift made my truck look and feel. and I doubt towing any thing would make the rear look lower than the front. a really heavy trailer might get it ti sit a inch lower in the rear end but I doubt you would be able to tell becous on the tall bed that still makes it look extra high in the rear and the front end slants downward a little. so even if you loded it with a full payload I doubt the rear would look lower than the front in my opinion. as it is with the lift in the rear is still a half inch or so higher than the front which I think is about right. sure alot better than the 3+ inches that was before and now my truck looks bigger and a tougher stance. haven't got any pics yet with the lift in. was going to get some this weekend but forgot.

Quick Reply: daystar lit installed...wow