2004 - 2008 F-150

Lost another one to rebates

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost another one to rebates

Sold my '01 supercrew today. Bought me a new '04 Z71 to replace it. Invoice cost and $2500 rebate. The new Ford's are nice. They just aren't that nice. At least to me. I guess I'm off to another forum. Thanks for all the help. I've enjoyed getting to know all of you. Enjoy your new Fords!

Old 10-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Re: Lost another one to rebates

Originally posted by Mark Gullion
Sold my '01 supercrew today. Bought me a new '04 Z71 to replace it. Invoice cost and $2500 rebate. The new Ford's are nice. They just aren't that nice. At least to me. I guess I'm off to another forum. Thanks for all the help. I've enjoyed getting to know all of you. Enjoy your new Fords!
You mind if I ask how much? I've been thinking of looking at the bowtie's as well. :o

Old 10-09-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm also starting to like those. Especially the Escalade version.... the EXT.

Old 10-09-2003, 11:54 PM
David:

If you are going to go to the dark side and buy one of those funny looking pantywaist bow ties then call Randy Williams at James Wood in Denton. I believe the 03s have more than $2500 in rebates and you can surely get them at "invoice", probably below. You can check out the rebates on all GM products 03 and 04s in the Texas area on James Wood's website, jameswood.com.

Also, if you are set on buying a Chevy then take the Prestige Ford challenge – test drive a F150 at Prestige in Garland and if you buy a GM, Chevy, or Dodge after doing so Prestige will give you a hundred bucks – at least that is what their radio and newspaper ads say.

Screwdriver

Old 10-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Why would you go from a Supercrew to a Chevy reg or extended cab? I couldn't live with a smaller cab after owning the Screw...

Old 10-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Re: Re: Lost another one to rebates

Originally posted by david.chaney
You mind if I ask how much? I've been thinking of looking at the bowtie's as well. :o
After all was said and done I paid 27,722.00 plus tax, title, etc. Truck is loaded with heated leather, CD, Steering wheel controls, Tow Pkg.,Turn signal mirrors, etc. Same features in a Ford was going to cost me almost 8K more. Nothing at all against Ford, just couldn't justify it. I think I'll be happy, at least for a couple of years.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by firstimeFord
Why would you go from a Supercrew to a Chevy reg or extended cab? I couldn't live with a smaller cab after owning the Screw...
Chevy is coming out with a 4 door 1500. From what I heard it is going to be a 2004 and a half.

David

Trending Topics

Old 10-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by firstimeFord
I struggled with that for a while. Really looked hard at how I used my back seat and decided that I could live with less room back there. Also I don't like the rear opening doors as well, but I don't use the rear that often. The larger bed length finally won out. I had almost decided to go with the SC in the F150 anyway. I will miss my sunroof (not available in the chevy)....but I'll get over it. We also have lots of teenage boys around here that are Z71 crazy. Easy sell and top dollar when it comes time to trade. I had a 99, drove it for 2 years and sold it for 4500 less than I paid for it. Of course that was before the days of big rebates. We'll see.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by david.chaney
Chevy is coming out with a 4 door 1500. From what I heard it is going to be a 2004 and a half.

David
Saw photos of those at the Wieck public images site. In my opinion it doesn't look as nice as the Screw. Plus I was back to the 5.5' bed. A real problem for me. May look better in person.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by JOSEFreddy
I'm also starting to like those. Especially the Escalade version.... the EXT.
I bought a Silverado, not the Avalanche. I thought the Avalanche was a bit overpriced. The Escalade EXT was way over the top. Somebody's got more money to throw around than I do.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Screwdrive
David:

If you are going to go to the dark side and buy one of those funny looking pantywaist bow ties then call Randy Williams at James Wood in Denton. I believe the 03s have more than $2500 in rebates and you can surely get them at "invoice", probably below. You can check out the rebates on all GM products 03 and 04s in the Texas area on James Wood's website, jameswood.com.

Also, if you are set on buying a Chevy then take the Prestige Ford challenge – test drive a F150 at Prestige in Garland and if you buy a GM, Chevy, or Dodge after doing so Prestige will give you a hundred bucks – at least that is what their radio and newspaper ads say.

Screwdriver
I hate Prestige Ford, they trick you to get more money. I rather go to Skyline Ford and Grand Prairie Ford. Yeah I remember when I was going to buy a Ford Focus, they tried to jack up the price in stead of lowering it down. Never, ever buy form Prestige Ford.

Oh and First Time Ford, I like the Avalanche and the Escalade EXT. Not the Silverado. Plus I get $12000 off MSRP on any Avalanche of my choice, 2003 and 2004.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Don't count on the top dollar resale. As a general rule what's hot new is hot used and what takes big rebates to move new will be the same way used. I think your going to find the GM's depreciate very heavily due to their use of incentives. This will also be true of 03 and Heritage F-150's. As to the new style only time will tell, but I do think you'll find the resale will be much better on the new F-150 than a GM truck (at least until they come out with a new truck).

Old 10-10-2003, 09:47 AM
You guys make me want to barf.

THIS IS A FORD FORUM !!!!

Old 10-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by F150_FX4_2004
You guys make me want to barf.

THIS IS A FORD FORUM !!!!
Sorry about getting everyone off track. I guess I'm more of an independent. I try to appreciate all the good and critique all the bad, and not be blinded by the fact that a vehicle has a certain name stamped on it's behind. By the way, the chevy forum is just as bad, maybe worse. I was slapped on the wrist for even spelling out the word "Ford". Let's just all try to get along.

Old 10-10-2003, 10:41 AM
By the way, This may make you feel better. We did just buy an '04 XLT 4x4 for a work truck. See. I haven't gone completely mad.

Quick Reply: Lost another one to rebates