2004 - 2008 F-150

Question about buying a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only argue if I'm right and I do apologize if wrong. So my bad, I meant MSRP. Hell, if it was invoice i know alot of people who would be out of a job! Sorry I meant MSRP, Forgiveness please....

Old 10-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bfab
green21, are you sure it's not $3000.00 below MSRP ?

If it's 3000.00 below invoice the dealer would be losing money they only get 3% hold back

But if it is 3000.00 below invoice can you e-mail me the dealer name I live in OC Ca. and would drive to Palm Spring for that
Dealers do not pay this "invoice" price for their vehicles. The "invoice" price is a carefully calculated marketing tool that works with the MSRP (a really silly number) to create a price range that the public generally feels comfortable with.

If you are happy with your purchase that’s great. Each individual must factor in their own financial situation. What is a good deal for one might not be for another. And I'm not telling anyone how many dollars they should spend; it’s up to the individual. It just amazes me how many people believe that dealers pay this huge sum (invoice) for their cars/trucks and make tiny amounts when they sell them. LOL
Dealers regularly sell cars well under invoice everyday, and they NEVER lose money! 04 F150's are new and hot, and might sell for around invoice for awhile, but that will change at some point. They still make LOTS of money! You're all welcome

TheRealist

Last edited by therealist; 10-03-2003 at 10:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Question about buying a new truck