2004 - 2008 F-150

Brewmaster... any test results yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brewmaster: are you a import, micro-brew and brew-yer-own kind of guy?

That's my story.

Old 10-01-2003, 02:10 PM
i drink them all. i am half Belgian (mom's side) so I have a tendency to go for European beers. it's in my genes. i jsut spent 2 weeks in Belgium in August drinking great beers. but i like them all. i've had some home brews from friends, though I've never brewed my own. they're ok. i guess my favorite beers would be:

Leffe (Belgian)
Westvleteren (Belgain)
Orval (Belgian)
Chimay Bleu (Belgian)
anything from Stone Brewing Co., they ROCK! (www.stonebrew.com)
i also like the local breweries around LA. California Brewing Co, Westwood Brewing Co (fanstastic Red Ale when they have it).

i am open to try any beer at least once. *hint hint*

ok, i swear now we'll keep this thread on topic and wait for bedliner test results. i swear it.

Old 10-01-2003, 02:54 PM
BrewMaster,

You will have to come check out our Palm Springs Brewery. It's actually not too bad. They also make pretty good root beer.

Old 10-01-2003, 03:18 PM
And here I resisted posting further about beer. lol

Old 10-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Allow me to chime in.

Bavik Premium Pilsner is my ALL TIME FAVORITE Belgian beer. That stuff totally freaking rules.

I'd get a Line-X, FWIW.

Old 10-01-2003, 04:15 PM
I enjoy going down to the local pub for a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale or John Smith's Bitter. I guess my new truck will help take my mind off the things I'm going to miss leaving England.

Old 10-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Brewmaster: Anything from Line-X yet? If you are still waiting for samples, I think I have another source for you.

I got my line-x installed today, and while waiting I was talking to the office manager. I told her about you and your tests, and how you were waiting for samples. I asked if she would be willing to send you some samples even though you wouldn't be a direct customer. She said yes, so if you still need line-x samples, give them a call...

LINE-X OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, INC.
8 Raymond Avenue, #3
Salem, NH 03079
Phone (603) 870-9730

I recieved my samples just a few days after asking. Just make sure you tell her what it's for, and the sizes you need.

Old 10-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Mr.McFeely, please email me with her name so that I can call and ask for her. Line-X has not returned my call and has not sent me the samples yet. Twice they've promised samples and twice they have not come through. I would really like to test them if I can, but right now I am kind of pissed at their lousy customer service. So if I can get samples from your dealer, that would be good. Like I said, email me and we'll work it all out. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BrewMaster
Line-X has not returned my call and has not sent me the samples yet. Twice they've promised samples and twice they have not come through. I would really like to test them if I can, but right now I am kind of pissed at their lousy customer service.
That's the EXACT same thing that happened to me. I think I posted that further up in this thread. Third time was a charm though. After I got an attitude with the girl that answers the phone, I got it a few days later....with the WRONG name and MISPELLED street. I even SPELLED EVERYTHING out for her MULTIPLE times (very slow and sarcastically I might add) and she still couldn't get it right.

Old 10-15-2003, 11:36 AM
I talked to Mr.McFeely's contact today in New Hampshire and she was more than willing to help and send out samples. She said I should have the samples inside of two weeks. My testing does not take long, so I will let you all know when I have results. Too bad Line-X West has had lousy service in getting me samples. This testing should have been finished a long time ago...

Old 10-15-2003, 01:52 PM
quick question for those who have had their beds sprayed already, regardless of what brand. did they spray over the rubber plugs in the wall of the bed at the cab-end of the bed (the bulkhead)? the rubber plugs are about 4 inch ovals. thanks.

Old 10-15-2003, 02:01 PM
They did in mine, which was what I would have told them to do had they asked anyway. What I really liked about the Line-X job however was how they removed everything else before they sprayed like the bed bolts and tie downs etc. They also left the drains open in the front so the bed doesn't hold water. They did a great job and I couldn't be happier with it. It cost me $380 minus the $20 coupon I got off the Line-X website.

Old 10-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Yes Line-X sprayed over the rubber plugs. We talked about it before he did the job and Line-X told me that they normally spray over these because if you need to run wires through them for a camper or whatever then you usually drill through them anyway. Line-X did remove all bolts before spraying to allow removal with out damaging the liner. I have only one issue with the spray job. Line-X removed the plugs for the locking pins for the bed extender and sprayed into the holes and then replaced the plugs. The bed extender locks would not go into the holes all the way anymore. I removed plugs and trimmed off the plastic grabbers on the plugs and epoxied them back into the holes to allow the locking pins to go in all the way.

Old 01-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Brew, did you ever get to complete the tests?

Quick Reply: Brewmaster... any test results yet?