2004 - 2008 F-150

Covering the bed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Covering the bed?

I am interested in knowing how many people out there are planning on covering the beds of their trucks? What percentage of truck owners cover their truck beds with something? My guess is 50%. My reason for covering my bed is that I need a dry place to store equipment that I use for my job. I myself plan on putting an A.R.E canopy top on my FX4. This canopy turns heads. Stick it on the back of a Supercrew FX4 and look out! Comments?

Old 09-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Have the ARE LSII on our 02 S-Crew and love it. Didn't need the conopy since we have an Expi too. The ARE keeps everything dry and locks to keep it safe from prying eyes/fingers. Then when you need the bed open you just remove the clamps and off it comes. I did this the first time this weekend to hual a couple yards of mulch. It was kinda fun pulling the King Ranch up and having a front end loader dump a bucket of stuff in the back.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:54 AM
question/viper

Hi, I have 1 question.

I found the cover here :

http://www.ltsportcover.com/photogallery_ford.htm

it seems nice and it only weighs 68 LB. Have you seen this one?

I checked ARE and I think it looks good. How much does it cost
for 2004 F150???

TIA

Red

Old 09-15-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm looking at a roll n' lock cover....a little pricey but very conveniant! (sp?)

Old 09-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by geo036
I'm looking at a roll n' lock cover....a little pricey but very conveniant! (sp?)
roll n' lock? is that some easy mounting system? explain it to the noob...

Old 09-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BrewMaster
roll n' lock? is that some easy mounting system? explain it to the noob...
No problem...I always explain to people as being llike those roll down shutters u see on store fronts. Except this one is supposedly watertight and is on a pickup bed.

http://www.rollnlock.com/

Old 09-15-2003, 01:10 PM
May not apply to this "roll-n-lock", but check out this thread from another user who apparently went through several choices of tunneau's. Just thought you'd like to hear opinions...

Old 09-15-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't like "toppers" or "truck caps" as some places call them. I'm getting a tonneau cover for the bed of my new 2004 F-150 FX4 that I just ordered from Truxedo.com.

Old 09-15-2003, 01:34 PM
I've got a Lariat SCrew on order and plan to equip it with a hard tonneau. Right now I'm undecided on the A.R.E. and the LT Sport Cover. The LT Sport Cover is aluminum and much lighter I believe than the A.R.E. I spoke to the guy from LT Sport Cover and they said they'd have one for the 2004 F150s in about 3 weeks. I want to ensure there's no rubbing of the cover on the paint of the truck. I think the A.R.E. sits on rubber stops along the side rail, never coming in contact with the truck, which is good. Not sure how the LT prevents rubbing but will have to find out. Anyway, I like what I read from both companies. I know theres others, e.g., *******, so if anyone has any personal experiences, please comment. I also plan on getting a Bed Rug for the inside.

Old 09-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Red: Not sure how much that A.R.E. cover costs, but I can tell you they make a fine product. You will not regret buying one of their covers, either canopy or tonneau. They make the best covers around. Call or email the factory and ask them for a list of retail prices. That will give you a good ball park figure to work with.

Old 09-15-2003, 11:19 PM
thanx stucknmud

I will try contacting them. Fortunately??? I have quite a while before I get my butt on FX4 screw. I have had one of the heaviest tonneau cover on my S-10 but it was a good looking truck. I hope someone is taking good care of it now. Just can't wait to be FX4 owner...

By the way, I noticed that there are many young ford salesmen out there who don't have a clue abot 2004 F150. Today I went to one dealer and I had to teach him a lot about New F150. Thanks to this forum for sharing a lot of helpful info. I've got to be smart before I decide to spend 35K harrrrrd earned $$$.

BR

Red

Quick Reply: Covering the bed?