2004 - 2008 F-150

Dilemma w/ my order switch. Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dilemma w/ my order switch. Help.

It figures. I get to the dealer, w/ my request to change my order from an XLT to an FX4. Dealer has to cancel it to make this kind of change. So I say go ahead, I guess it's worth waiting for. So she goes through to cancel it, and it says that the XLT truck is scheduled. No date on her computer, just showing that it's scheduled. Says to call the district office to cancel. She said they rarely do though.

She also can't call till Tuesday morning because the office has a 4 day weekend. She said if she can't cancel, MAYBE the dealer will take it for stock.

What are the chances of them doing that? Also, I haven't paid a dime or signed a thing. Am I bound to this order? However, I don't want to ruin my relationship w/ this dealer. She's really been cool throughout, even though I've been a big PIA.

Old 08-29-2003, 01:16 PM
You're not bound to anything. You can even refuse to take delivery for the XLT when it arrives. Chances are, the dealer can keep it for stock... I'm sure they'll have no problems sellin' it.

Old 08-29-2003, 01:24 PM
I sure hope they take it. My father-in-law works there in the Service department. Maybe they'll pull a family favor for me. It's amazing that the truck I wanted so bad 2 days ago, I don't want now.

Plus you figure I want to buy a more expensive truck, so wouldn't they want me to do that? I just don't want anything to get ugly. Because right now the relationship is very good throughout the whole dealership with me.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Well I've waited all weekend. Agonized about what could happen, and what to do if it does. I've procrastinated this morning. And now...I'm about to call and find out about my attempt at an order cancellation and re-order.

Stay tuned...

Old 09-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Not at her desk. Had to leave a voice mail. Let you know what happens when she calls back.

Old 09-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Talking It's a go!

I did it! I was able to cancel my scheduled order! Don't know if it helped or not, but I took Peg, my sales rep, a bouquet of flowers before she went to lunch. Thanked her for dealing w/ my indecisiveness. I really have been a PIA. Then after lunch she called the distribution center and talked to a Supervisor to get it canceled. Said it shouldn't be a problem. She'll be calling back tomorrow to confirm and place my new order for my FX4. True Blue w/ Grey Two-tone.

Black Sport Cloth 40/20/40
Audiophile
Black Tubular Running Boards
18" wheels
Moonroof
Mirror package
Pwr Adjustable pedals
Power driver seat
rear defogger

D/A Plan

Old 09-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Congrats on the upgrade! You'll be much happier with the FX4 over the XLT, for sure. Also, you'll probably get a build date sooner than you would have otherwise.... for some reason, it seems early orders are getting built after recent orders... ??? I don't get it, either..????

Old 09-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Thanks. Yeah I saw someone said that earlier. That would be even sweeter! Now I'm pumped again. I was p'd all weekend that I'd have to get tough with them about canceling my other order.

Quick Reply: Dilemma w/ my order switch. Help.