2004 - 2008 F-150

Ford I am POed with this new truck...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ford I am POed with this new truck...

You read the header right I am so pissed off right now I just can not hold it back, and it is all because of this NEW 04 truck of theirs.

When I bought my 01 a few years back I had made (somewhat) of a promise to myself which was to keep this truck until fully paid for, pink slip in hand, owe no one no money for it, just mine ALL mine…

Some of you may have read one of my initial post about when I saw the first 04 at my dealer just down the road about 3 weeks ago. Basically I had stated I was not so impressed with it, the exterior or the interior. I had said it was a nice truck but not real impressed with it.

Well DAMN IT the dealer still has the truck sitting out front (that I HAVE to look at no less then twice a day, on my way to work, and my way home).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the dealer can NOT move the truck to the back somewhere so it is out of sight, out of mine. I have stopped two other times to look at it, sit in it etc. that makes a total of three times.

Ford I am POed at you for FORCING me to look at this damn truck! Ford, you can’t simply be happy with selling me a truck and giving me 5 years of peace and quiet to actually pay it off in full.

Yes, my friends the damn bug has bitten me. I WANT one of these trucks bad. However, I am kind of forced to wait at least another year so as not to loose a lot of money getting another truck.

I have to say after looking at this truck 3 times, looking at all the photo’s here on line I am VERY IMPRESSED with this new truck, the complete truck (except the damn tailgate) but I could live with that if I were able to buy one now.

SCREWBUILDER, if your reading this tell your people GOOD JOB but they are really pissing some of us off, who are not in position to buy one at the moment…

Old 08-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Prozac,Prozac....Prozac

Old 08-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TexfordD
Prozac,Prozac....Prozac
So, at least someone know's what I am talking about...

Old 08-21-2003, 08:24 PM
I understand, man.

Old 08-21-2003, 08:53 PM
I stopped and looked at one this afternoon.

You're going to hate this. You may not like the tailgate, but have you actually opened it? It is like half the weight of the current ones. It is so nice.

So when you drive by tomorrow, stop and check it out.

I know 01 XLT, I'm a jerk.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:07 PM
deep6blue

The tailgate is actually heavier than the old one. I should know, I lift humdreds everyday. There is a torsion bar built into the tailgate which makes closing it very easy and seem very light.

Old 08-21-2003, 10:08 PM
dlb
01, I feel your pain. My goal was to keep my 2000 for 7 to 8 years and have a few years of no payments. Sat in an FX4 and a Lariat on Tuesday. . . No way in hell can I wait until 2007 (let alone 2008). 2005 I will have a new truck or I will end up like Tweak from South Park

Screwbuilder, you guys are doing a great job. The fit and finish of those trucks is amazing. Keep it up

Trending Topics

Old 08-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think I can say we all hear you. Not half ton in my mind, but 1 ton. It's been hard not buying for the last 6 weeks with loan in hand.

I finally said I'm driving this into the ground. BAD NEWS is that I belong to the SVTOA. The LA/OC sponsoring dealer is Sunset Ford.

Guess what was in the showroom on Sunday when I went to the meeting........................................

Anyway, I may not need a 1 ton as I am looking forward to work for someone else.

Maybe I'll buy an '04SCREW4x4 next year.
Did I say that???????????????????????????

MK

Old 08-21-2003, 11:30 PM
Cool The new truck bug

Once the new truck bug has bitten you, then look out. Cause it just eats at you like a cancer, you end of doing endless web searches for updates, field tests, comparison against other trucks! I know because I have the disease as well.

I thought by placing an order for an '04 Lariat Screw 4x4 that this would cure it...... NOOOO! Because even though it is ordered and I know that it is coming, I still don't have a build date and I ordered back in May. Now that is something to get righteously PO'd about.

Here's to feeling your pain..

Old 08-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 08-22-2003, 12:21 AM
Hi. My name is Joey. And I too have been drawn to the new 04 f-150 like stink on *****. I have to go to my dealer to see it everyday. I even sniff the new tires to get a whiff of that new tire smell. Same goes for the interior. It's just invigorating. I step back and tilt my head while looking at it from multiple angles. I open a close the tailgate and look in awe at this wonderful piece of machinery that I wish was mine. ALL MINE! It's gotten to the point where I think I need help. Is there any rehab classes that I can go to, to help me with my obsessive compulsive problem?

Old 08-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NEED.....2004.......F-150.

Old 08-22-2003, 07:56 AM
LMAO!

Old 08-22-2003, 08:07 AM
I just wish to God that my local dealer would get some in! Jeez, hurry up already, the rest of the country has got to see them, dang! Sorry for the rant, but I really wanna check one out. I haven't had a truck payment since 1999, and now it's starting to feel like it's high time I get to buyin`!

Old 08-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by deep6blue
I stopped and looked at one this afternoon.

You're going to hate this. You may not like the tailgate, but have you actually opened it? It is like half the weight of the current ones. It is so nice.

So when you drive by tomorrow, stop and check it out.

I know 01 XLT, I'm a jerk.
Yep, been there tried that. I have done about everything except drive it. I am doing my best to beat this cancer at least for another year. Doc said he couldn't help with the voices in my head...

You see, I have voices in my head, when I drive by the Ford dealer I hear all these little voices, like hundreds of them all screaming, crying "buy me, buy me, buy me"

GOD will it ever end?

Quick Reply: Ford I am POed with this new truck...