2004 - 2008 F-150

FX4 Vs. Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX4 Vs. Lariat

Has anyone else made this comparison? I'm caught between the two because I like the looks of the FX4, especially in Flareside, but I also want the luxury of the Lariat. What I'm considering is getting an FX4 and optioning it out with as much Lariat equipment as possible (leather, mirror package, etc.). What I'm concerned about is what equipment I'll be missing out on. From what I've seen I think I'll only get the manual A/C with the FX4 where the Lariat has climate control, also I'm not sure about the trip computer. Does that FX4 have that? Am I missing anything else? Thanks for the help.

Old 08-11-2003, 08:14 AM
I was told that the FX4 has a different ride due to the off road package, and it looks like the FX4 sits a little higher then the Lariat. I have a 2003 Super crew Lariat & I ordered a 04 Super Crew Lariat I do like the FX4 but I would rather have the luxury. I would test drive them both and then make a decision. I hope this helps

Old 08-11-2003, 08:49 AM
I'm concerned over what equipment I'll be sacrificing with an FX4, not the ride quality or aesthetics.

Old 08-11-2003, 09:31 AM
I've ordered a loaded FX4 mainly because I don't like the looks of the Lariat. I don't like the huge chrome grill, I don't like the wheels, and I don't like the fake wood interior. I feel that the FX4 is a much better looking truck. I like the manual control of the AC. The only thing that I feel I might miss are the heated seats, but in the south, that's not a big deal. Also you don't get the audio control on the steering wheel, but I never use those on my car.

Old 08-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Re: FX4 Vs. Lariat

Originally posted by Thayer
Has anyone else made this comparison? I'm caught between the two because I like the looks of the FX4, especially in Flareside, but I also want the luxury of the Lariat. What I'm considering is getting an FX4 and optioning it out with as much Lariat equipment as possible (leather, mirror package, etc.). What I'm concerned about is what equipment I'll be missing out on. From what I've seen I think I'll only get the manual A/C with the FX4 where the Lariat has climate control, also I'm not sure about the trip computer. Does that FX4 have that? Am I missing anything else? Thanks for the help.
You and me are in the same boat, buddy. I was going to order one two weeks ago, but I chickened out b/c I felt the same way you do (I L-O-V-E the climate control!!). But I've decide to just wait a few more weeks and take a look at the real thing before I order... The suspense is killing me!!

Old 08-11-2003, 01:09 PM
I would go with the one that has more of the features that you would most often use.

For me, I don't go off-roading... so 4x4 wasn't really a consideration, plus it's a few thousand $ more. I'll be towing a boat and like more towing power, and the 4x's have a little less towing and payload capacity. I like the nice eletronic gadgets and luxury options.... yada, yada, yada. Hence, Lariat for me.

Old 08-11-2003, 01:26 PM
I have made the same comparison and I am leaning toward a Lariat 4X4 Supercrew monotone color (chrome bumpers). I love the FX4 wheels and aggressive look, but I am not fond of its vinyl back seat, black only interior and plastic bumpers. An offroad truck with plastic bumpers?
I do like the Lariat's Message Center, mirror package, heated seats, Homelink, memory seats, automatic climate control, controls on the stearing wheel, and choice of interior colors. The height of the two trucks is the same according to the catalog. I currently own a 2001 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew (FX4 was not available at that time) and will wait until I can see the FX4 and Lariat 4x4 side by side before I order. The wait is killing me though.

Quick Reply: FX4 Vs. Lariat