2004 - 2008 F-150

Best spray in bedliner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best spray in bedliner?

Hey Guys, I thought I'd start a new thread for this topic. What, in your opinion is the best spray-in bedliner? Why do you think it's better? What were some of the problems with the other brands? I'm going to have to make this decision if the new truck ever gets here. Thanks.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:39 AM
I ordered the free samples of the spray in bedliners from the Rhino and Line-X websites. IMO, the Line-X seems to be the better liner. It has a more uniform spray patters that looks more similar to drop in liners. It also claims to be a stronger material and can be installed in a much shorter time. However, I believe Rhino has more colors and finishes available if you are trying to color match. I'm not. Line-X will also send you a $20 off coupon when you order the free sample. I spoke with a couple of guys that had these bedliners and they love them. They told me that they cost around $400. Hope this helps, its just my opinion.

Old 08-05-2003, 12:41 PM
I'm wanting to put a Rhino in mine. But color matching and fading are not a worry for me, since I have a black truck, and tonneau... but from what I've seen/heard Rhino's stay softer, but if color matched the colors tend to fade some if in direct sunlight, whereas the Line-X will stay truer, but they get hard, at the least the color matched ones do. Dad has a color matched Line-X in his Pewter GMC. He had to have it touched up. They clear coat it or something, and it was changing color, but they gave him a loaner and fixed it no charge... guess that just depends on the shop though... Don't know anything about any other brands...

Old 08-05-2003, 01:58 PM
I also am going w/ the Rhino liner. Mainly because I'm having the dealer do it as opposed to after-market. It was either the drop-in or the Rhino. From everything I've read about the Rhino and the samples I've seen, it looks to be pretty good. Easy to clean, etc. Of course this is my first truck, so what do I know. All I know is that I better be sure on the color before it gets sprayed in.

Check in the other threads for my question about Rhino Bed Liners. Looking for some color feedback.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:10 PM
So, staying soft is a good thing? Do they get sticky, or come off on you in really hot weather? I keep picturing this like spraying tar in the back of your truck. I've seen one that was so rough it hurt you to climb in the bed. Not sure what brand it was. All I know is that I don't want another drop-in. Mine warps and won't stay under the rail.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:50 PM
"No comment"...

No, they don't get sticky, just stay kinda like a rubber mat. Whereas the Line-X looks almost like paint sprayed over rough metal it's so hard, and then stuff slides...

I just talked to my buddy at Ford, and I think for now I'm going to get a rubber mat. Much cheaper than the Rhino, and I gotta have something. I put a rubber mat in Mom's Ranger a couple weeks ago, and last time I talked to her she said it was almost a problem it gripped so good... She's short and has trouble sliding things in or out of the bed, but once they're there they don't go anywhere...

Old 08-05-2003, 04:25 PM
My Ford dealer deals exclusively with Rhino so they had samples and brochures in the showroom. I recommend checking your dealer. I was skeptical until I actually saw and felt a sample. Also read up on it at www.rhinolinings.com. The spray bonds to the metal in the bed. And is also airtight, to prevent water trapping and rust.

Trending Topics

Old 08-05-2003, 04:49 PM
I've had both Rhino and Line-X and don't believe you will go wrong with either. If I was pushed into choosing a favorite I would probably lean towards the Rhino. I liked the somewhat rubbery nature of it better than the Line-X. My Line-X also chipped when I dropped a shovel in it once, wasn't a big deal however.

Old 08-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Rhino Gouges??

Any of you guys that have the Rhino ever have any problem with it gouging when you try to slide heavy items on it? I've got a SCrew on order and I'm torn between the Rhino and the Bedrug. I'll probably have some kind of cover on the bed so the Bedrug would be nice. Any opinions on either?

Old 08-05-2003, 06:29 PM
You chipped your Line-X? WOW

I saw.. I guess it was an infomercial about Line-X. They coated the inside of a small trailer house with Line-X and blew a bomb up inside the house... the house stayed together and didn't shatter into pieces.. it was pretty cool.

They can spray the Line-X on in different textures from smooth to very coarse.

Of course, I don't have any experience with it.. this is just stuff I've read about it. A friend of mine was thinking about having Line-X sprayed on as a covering/protectant for his guitar speaker cabinet.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:00 PM
I researched this a while back. I found similar threads on several boards. It looked like a toss-up to me. To see what others replied you can check out some of these:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/DCForumID66/185.html

http://www.dodgedakotas.com/boards/gen/637.html

http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/f...nePage/Yes.cfm

Old 08-05-2003, 11:58 PM
I bought a 1998 F-150 a year ago and it had a Rhino already installed from the previous owner... it has been awesome... it was faded a very tiny bit, and the previous owner must have put a lot of gravel or something in it, because you can see the gray of the gravel dust, but I have heard there is something you can wipe on the liner that comes from Rhino to kind of give it the black color back. I am to cheap though for that, it's a work truck other then the nights with dates and stuff, it has to learn how to live with some gravel dust... it also had a few chips where you could see the metal underneath, but they are smaller then a quarter inch at the very most, I have learned one thing thing though, just don't let metal stuff like the edge of a moving dolly drag across it, it will peel at the Rhino some, this may be though b/c mine is not as new any more. For the most part though, I have been thoroughly satisfied, I would not have gotten one if I had to pay for it seperately, would have gotten a cheaper rubber mat, but the Rhino sure is nice!

Old 08-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Rhino Linings, in my opinion and experience.

Quick Reply: Best spray in bedliner?