2004 - 2008 F-150

x-plan pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Carpe Diem. Please email me with A plan info!! jmdilley@***.net Thanks.

Last edited by dane150; 09-09-2003 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Wow, that site it way too cool. Bottom line is you can save 4-5K with X-Plan pricing.

Old 09-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Something sounds a little suspicious.
One would think that all the real Super Heros would already know about that site.

Old 09-09-2003, 10:23 PM
I checked out the x-plan pricing at the ford site

http://www6.forddirect.fordvehicles....rget=Inventory

The price for a FX4 with alot of extras came up at $250 above dealer invoice. I ordered mine and am getting it for $100 above invoice with no x-plan.

Is there somthing about the X-plan that I am not getting or is the plan just not that good right now for the 04 model

Old 09-10-2003, 04:01 AM
Well I can't speak for others that have used X-Plan but for me and the dealership I bought at this is how it benefits me. Yes, X-Plan was slightly more than invoice. However, I did not pay any of the dealership processing fees that everyone else normally pays. Therefore, I actually got the truck at below invoice. Like I said, this was through my dealership and may not apply to all? I honestly have nothing to compare it to otherwise.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:33 AM
My advice? You don't need a key, you need comfortable shoes. That's right, go to a dealer, ask about price, takes notes, and walk out. Go to another dealer and do the same. Go to more if neccessary. Then go back to the dealer you felt the most comfortable with; ie the one who didn't try to BS you. That one won't be pushy because he/she knows you will come back.

What I did was go to a dealer I thought that I probably wouldn't buy the truck from. But heck, if the price was right, I would have bought it. It was more of a "reasearch" mission, and to get a feel of what's out there, and what's being offered. I wanted an 03, so it should be easy to get them down while everyone else is scrambling to get the new 04's.
The first dealer offered me $100 over invoice because that's what I mentioned I would like to pay. Then he took off another $1000 for their Ford Loyalty rebate. (total = $34,700) He even went so far as to say "You're getting a 40k truck for less than 35k" But right now, there is an additional $2,500 in rebates on the truck I am intrested in, (and I knew that because I checked before hand) so I should have been offered $3,400 less than invoice.

I went to another dealer, (guy my friend bought his truck from) and he imediately offered me the X plan (which he said is lower than invoice) minus the $3,500. The total will be around $32k - It will depend on the actual truck - we were waiting to hear from two dealers with the color I wanted on their lot. He will have to dealer trade for it, and I didn't need a pin, but I will have to show them my registration to prove I owned a Ford, for the Ford Loyality rebate.

So by using my shoes, I shaved off $2,400.

Quick Reply: x-plan pricing