2004 - 2008 F-150

'04 FX4 up close!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Kid, XCR is a dealer, so he probably knows what they were told. I think his 18" wheel point is valid. You must remember that the dealers are ordering trucks with no hard numbers on cost of options. A '97 Off-Road package was approx $1200 for wheels and stickers those same wheels are practically standard today. So which is it $1500 or $250? You seem to know so much why don't you just tell us the cost of the options, then we'll all know.

Old 06-21-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Power Kid
Sorry your wrong. Ford has told dealers in this province and this country to order the FX4 with the 18's as they look better. Ford is offering the 17 for fuel economy reasons. When they were tested Ford outfitted them with the 17's. Thats why they will still be "available". But if your word overrides what the Ford guy says, hey all the power to you.

Just cause you or your source has not heard this, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's not like Ford would release a media stmt: "Don't buy the 17's on the FX4, it doen't look that good!"
Did you see this in print or hear it personally? My hunch is that possibly your dealers rep saw one and didn't like it and told him to order 18's or your dealer is saying this to sell 18's, remember that selling more options increases the dealer's profit.

Originally posted by Power Kid

And another point... Given the supply and demand of these new trucks for the first 8 - 12 months, a @$500 - $1,000 option (wheels/tires)w on't really be a big deal. Initial demand will far exceed supply so I disagree with your point...

I don't think that supply and demand will be like you think. Remember the Fleets will be getting the Heritage trucks so most of the new style will go to actuall customers. Also Ford has told us that they estimate 04 F-150's to be free demand in aproximately December. This means that I get as many as I order. I think supply/demand will be like the 6.0L Diesel was on intro, hard to get for a few months and then they're available at any dealer.

I do expect certain items to be difficult to get due to past experience. In 1997 Off Roads were very hard to get for some reason. Currently Ford has a stop on 265 AT BFG tires on certain Super Duty's because they don't have enought tires. I suspect that certain items will probably end up this way again.

Old 06-21-2003, 07:38 PM
The rep told the dealers at the mtg this and I heard it re-stated from a Ford employee. I understood that XCR440SSP was a dealer. All I was getting at is that you guys were not at this meeting so to categorically deny what was said is wrong. I'm sure every area Ford Rep says diffferent things. The point about the Heritage truck is a a good one. The people looking for the real deal will buy the Heritage. The rest will have but the new style. And initially they'll have to pay for it.
I hope your right regarding the supply freeing up by Dec. Thats when I'm planing to buy one. I guess different people have different estimations on when we'll get to that point in time. Hey maybe some dealers will order the 17's on the FX4. Thing is, now it's getting more and more difficult to guess the right price point. At elast get a truck on the lot that looks good. And if anything can ruin an otherwise good looking truck, it's the wheels/tires. Example on pricing: For the price of the moonroof you could get leather and the reverse sensing system. Or do you get the 18's, get the guys horny cause it looks better and who cares about the lack of leather, or rear defrost cause it looks so damn good. With an ever increasing list of options it's getting tough. I'm going to order one and even I'm having a tough time.
I really like the moonroof, but for the $$$ I can get leather and reverse sensing. (based on option pricing on other Ford products as we don't know pricing yet)

Quick Reply: '04 FX4 up close!!!