2004 - 2008 F-150

Ford Ups the Bar Quit a Bit!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Ups the Bar Quit a Bit!

Interesting to note in an article on Wards - Mark Hogan, group vice president-GM Advance Vehicle Development Team, as for the F-150, Hogan says Ford “has raised the bar quite a bit. They’ve put a lot of money into that vehicle.”

I'm gald they acknowledged it !

Mark Hogan also says: As for competition in the fullsize pickup segment, Hogan predicts GM will be able to hold its own against the new Nissan Titan entry and revamped Ford F-150.

“It is obviously going to come from somewhere,” Hogan says of Nissan North America Inc.’s plans to sell 100,000 Titans annually.

“We’re going to work very hard to minimize the defections we have. Our Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra owners tend to be very loyal. We get up to 80% repurchase loyalty. We’re pretty happy with that.”

You better believe it is going to come from some where Mr. Hogan! And I don't believe it will be Ford with the new 2004 F150.

If you want to read the article you can - here:

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_new_pic...tain/index.htm

Old 01-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sounds good coming from the enemy

Old 01-19-2003, 06:43 PM
I think in some ways, Ford and GM no longer see each other as the enemy. Toyota, Nissan and Honda are the real enemy. They are the ones that are selling in record numbers without paying their fair share.

Sure they have assembly plants here, but how many of the components are made here?

The number may be high on some models, but not as high as GM or Ford.

Old 01-19-2003, 06:58 PM
I think in some ways, Ford and GM no longer see each other as the enemy. Toyota, Nissan and Honda are the real enemy. They are the ones that are selling in record numbers without paying their fair share.

There's probably a lot of truth to that. I used to own a Frontier, but I always said that I'd only buy a U.S. full sized. Besides I like what we are (and have been for decades) doing with full sized trucks, they're kinda Americas bread & butter.

Old 01-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by J-150
I can see some truth to that but but there is always going to be that great American battle of FORD vs. Chevy and it will be that way as long as FORD and Chevy are around.

Old 01-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, but leading the truck industry requires fleet sales... The big three rule there....

Quick Reply: Ford Ups the Bar Quit a Bit!