1997 - 2003 F-150

Fuel pump housing

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel pump housing

So I have a 2001 F150 King Ranch and the gas gauge has sort of blank spots. It doesn't seem to update until it hits a certain point. I recently had to replace the fuel pump so I had the housing out anyways, when I looked at it there seemed to be quite a bit of wear on the contacts that sense where the float is. If I replace this will my problem be fixed? The problem is so bad that one day I went to help a friend and it said I had a quarter tank but it dropped to empty within 5 minutes of driving.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:22 AM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
probably NOT the contacts as much as the physical float assembly. I also noted that my GAUGE.....in the dash does not seem to move freely when heading toward empty...around 3/16 tank...i can tap on the dash face and watch the needle fall..

Old 11-19-2019, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fbird
probably NOT the contacts as much as the physical float assembly. I also noted that my GAUGE.....in the dash does not seem to move freely when heading toward empty...around 3/16 tank...i can tap on the dash face and watch the needle fall..
See my gauge will just take forever to update, I can put gas in it and start the truck back up, but it won't fully update until I've started the truck a couple times.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump housing