1997 - 2003 F-150

Wireless canopy locks

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wireless canopy locks

I have a 2001 F150XLT 7700 with a FG canopy. The canopy has the usual t-handle key locks and the tail gate is also the standard key lock. I had the bright idea today that it would be very convenient to lock/unlock the canopy and tailgate with a key FOB. Using the same key FOB for my truck doors would even be a bonus but not essential.

Are there conversion kits made for this purpose or has anyone done a DIY version? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup

Originally Posted by trimguy
I have a 2001 F150XLT 7700 with a FG canopy. The canopy has the usual t-handle key locks and the tail gate is also the standard key lock. I had the bright idea today that it would be very convenient to lock/unlock the canopy and tailgate with a key FOB. Using the same key FOB for my truck doors would even be a bonus but not essential.

Are there conversion kits made for this purpose or has anyone done a DIY version? Thanks in advance.
I installed a cheap ebay solenoid into my tailgate and triggered it from the door lock wires in the door sills. There are many available on ebay, but check out this site for complete kits:

https://www.popandlock.net/