1997 - 2003 F-150

Code P1132 and Code P1152 Running rich

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Code P1132 and Code P1152 Running rich

I have a 2001 F150 4X4 4.6 with California emmisions. I recently did a lot of upgrading to my truck. I first put in a K&N cold air intake a few months ago with no problems, but all in week I did some major modifications. First I put on stainless steel JBA tuned headers, than I put on a Heartthrob dual exhaust, changed my coils to Accel super coils. Autolite double platinum plugs, and new fuel injectors. Since I did all this work to my truck it started throwing 2 codes ( P1132 and P1152). When I first start the truck it has lots of power and sounds very aggressive but after a few hours of driving around the check engine light comes on and it starts to have a loss of power and the more I drive the more the loss of power is present. It starts to even sputter a little sometimes there is a slight backfiring hen the RPM's come down. I erase the codes do some tinkering around and the next day its the same thing. I was getting a funky smell like my catalytic converter was plugged. So I punched the two back cats and put non-foulers on the O2 sensors. The smell left even seemed liked I had a little more power but after a few hours of driving it was the same episode all over again. Through the same codes and loss of power. Here is what I found about the codes, and again it has awesome power until it warms up.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Trouble Code: P1132

Lack of HO2S-11 Switching, HO2S Signal High Input

Possible Causes:

Check air cleaner element and air cleaner housing for blockage
EVAP vapor recovery system has failed (canister full of fuel)
Fuel pressure too high, contaminated or leaking fuel injectors
HO2S is fuel contaminated, or coated with silicone or moisture
__________________________________________________ _____________

Trouble Code: P1152

Lack of HO2S-21 Switching, HO2S Signal High Input

Possible Causes:

Check air cleaner element and air cleaner housing for blockage
EVAP vapor recovery system has failed (canister full of fuel)
Fuel pressure too high, contaminated or leaking fuel injectors
HO2S is fuel contaminated, or coated with silicone or moisture
__________________________________________________ ______________

Old 05-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Code P1132 and Code P1152 Running rich

you more than likely have a vacuum leak. our because of your "down grades" you agent getting the right fuel and have to much air.

FYI accel coils are crap and probably part of you problem. idk what kind of injectors you are using but for a stock truck you injectors would have been fine. those plugs are iffy. usually best to stay motorcraft.

wait... you said you had a K&N intake. clean your MAF sensor for probably have over oiled it and now it's coated the sensor. Clean the sensor with maf sensor cleaner and then toss the junk intake or at least the filter and get yourself a nice dry filter. like Amsoil EA filter..

good luck next time search before trying to "upgrade" seems like you wasted money.

oh ya JBA shorty headers are a waste all very did was lighten your wallet. should have gone long tubes to see any difference on performance.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:24 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
All those aftermarket parts is a mistake, these trucks run best on stock Motorcraft plugs, cops, and injectors. I'd also pull that K&N off, sell it, and do a Gotts mod to the stock intake using a dry air filter.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:30 AM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Did you increase the size of the injectors?
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Code P1132 and Code P1152 Running rich