1997 - 2003 F-150

HELP mounts and rad support- not usual question? PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Alex_4.2L
Well I understand he is on a Ford forum but no company is perfect including Ford. Its possible to have a disagreement without being condescending or insulting someones intelligence.
No sh... And I've already said that.

Maybe you guys should sell your Fords and purchase Suzuki's. You could have a meet and hump each others legs... Literally.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 PM

It's not about member age, it's what they're all about and what they stand for.

Personally I can't stand the BS. The lack of that is what makes a good forum IMO.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
No sh... And I've already said that.

Maybe you guys should sell your Fords and purchase Suzuki's. You could have a meet and hump each others legs... Literally.
Haha. I don't get my feelings hurt when someone insults the brand of vehicle I buy life is too short for that. I don't have to lower myself to personal insults either I just stick to the topic at hand. Your posts are good entertainment though.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 PM

Haha. I don't get my feelings hurt when someone insults the brand of vehicle I buy life is too short for that. I don't have to lower myself to personal insults either I just stick to the topic at hand. Your posts are good entertainment though.
Yea well, you have no idea what the topic even is. That's a given reading your posts. Embarrassing, but hey that's alright, since you obviously don't give a hoot. It's your character makeup. I've proved my point, many times over. No worry's, you proved yours. You can comprehend 2-3 sentences back...Max. Yea, laugh it up, your a barrel of them.

Last edited by jbrew; 02-02-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
You can stop your pathetic drawing on my truck. Better hope I don't resort to that, I'm a fricken artist.

Prune
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! Found my sig quote!

you two bantering is like two men comparing peckers and argueing which one is shorter.

Last edited by 1997 lariat 4.6; 02-02-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1997 lariat 4.6
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! Found my sig quote!

you two bantering is like two men comparing peckers and argueing which one is shorter.

Yea, until she walks by ... Game over.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea, fer bolth of ye! shell see me walking around in the background and ignore the tic-tac show!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Well I understand he is on a Ford forum but no company is perfect including Ford. Its possible to have a disagreement without being condescending or insulting someones intelligence.
Thanks Alex. You are the 2nd person to chime in on this thread in my behalf... and I've also received 2 PMs from other members saying they agree with what I'm saying.... seems like the only person I've offended with my remarks is JBREW.

It's like this:

On the Mustang/Capri forums I visit, we all know and openly dicuss the inherent problems with the Ford Foxbody platform... like they all crack where the seats mount because Ford cheaped out and designed them with thin sheet metal in that area.

On my Ranger forums, we accept that Ford failed on the 3.0 engine because it's common for the valve seats to get hammered into the heads and cause dead cylinders.

On my Fiero forums, we all agree Pointiac messed up when engineering the cooling system and they have overheating issues.

On my Neon forums (I own one of those too) we all are aware that there is a head gasket recall because Dodge used crappy head bolts and gaskets.

On my Suzuki forums, well... we just hump each others legs because those cars are perfect.

What I'm getting at is, I currently own and enjoy all of the cars listed above and participate on those forums often... and the fellow members understand that each of them have their bad points. If one of us rants about the problems they are known for, it doesn't mean we hate the car or the manufacturer and no one seems to get bent if someone points out one of the problems that particular car is known to have.... it IS what it IS.... all cars have weak points.

When I did it here, I made it clear I'm an avid Ford fan and love my F150 otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. But when I threw mud at Ford and pointed out that this generation of F150s seems to have a rust issue, only one person (JBREW) got offended and acted like I called his mother a wh0re.

And, Alex, ever since you've joined in, it's no surprise he's now flinging poo in YOUR direction. It's funny how every time I sign up to a new forum and post something even remotely offensive, there always seems to be a guy like him with a ridiculous post count that comes in and starts crap llike the old man in the neighborhood who yells at the kids for walking across the corner of his yard.

The only thing I regret is that I got sucked into being a contributor of the derailing of this thread and for that I'd like to say I'm sorry to the person who started this thread (wilderthing).

Old 02-03-2013, 01:02 AM
@capri debris like I said life's too short to let people like that ruin your day so I just read through and laugh at the butt hurt and take it as entertainment. Good job on that rad support btw do you want to fix my truck too haha

Old 02-03-2013, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by capri debris
Thanks Alex. You are the 2nd person to chime in on this thread in my behalf... and I've also received 2 PMs from other members saying they agree with what I'm saying.... seems like the only person I've offended with my remarks is JBREW.
Well, if you want to count PMs, your smoked buddy... Seriously. I'm ONLY offended when someone makes a statement that just isn't true and on top of that, attempts to tell me what I have or have not done to my vehicle from pictures posted. I've owned more of these trucks and worked on more of these vehicles than you obviously have. New member/old member, high post count/low post count doesn't really matter, just the facts. The more precise these are, the more help you are.

Originally Posted by capri debris
It's funny how every time I sign up to a new forum and post something even remotely offensive, there always seems to be a guy like him with a ridiculous post count that comes in and starts crap llike the old man in the neighborhood who yells at the kids for walking across the corner of his yard.
Oh, you think that's funny? So that's what you do, sign up with a site, then stir up a little trouble ? That makes a lot of sense. Well, I guess that sort of strange stupid is to be expected in this case. Thanks for finally coming out of the closet.

Take your Ford hate crap somewhere else. This old man shoots them off for wizzing on his lawn.

Last edited by jbrew; 02-03-2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: A little rephrase action. (;
Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Somebody told me ford stood for found on road dead. Does that offend you

Old 02-03-2013, 05:47 PM

Somebody told me ford stood for found on road dead. Does that offend you
Nope. Since nothings idiot proof, I can see why yours might be.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Ok guys everyone has had their input and fun. Glad everyone could respond without getting too insulting. It's time to let it lie and move on. All of you made some good points, we appreciate all your helpful posts.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bluejay
Ok guys everyone has had their input and fun. Glad everyone could respond without getting too insulting. It's time to let it lie and move on. All of you made some good points, we appreciate all your helpful posts.
Sounds good to me

Old 11-20-2013, 10:17 PM
I am doing the same job as Capri Debris on a 2001 F 150 4X4 Screw. I am also in PA and it is amazing just how corrosive road salt is. I spent all summer stripping the truck, sandblasting, flame spraying zinc, repainting. On the box, I cut every spot weld, took all the parts apart, blasted, flame sprayed, painted put all back together, same thing now with the front end now. Next summer, I am going to do under the cab.

I too have noticed that I have way more rust failures on the F150 than I do on the dodge caravan or the Camry. All vehicles are within 2 years of each other. Look underneath the F150 and it is solid rust everywhere, gas tank, straps, radiator support, box, every liquid line on the truck (brakes, gas, power steering, transmission, etc). Differential cover, transmission dipstick, cab supports, rocker panels all have failed.

A look under the Camry and it is actually hard to find rust. There is no undercoat, but there is some sort of grey paint everywhere, it apparently works pretty well for corrosion prevention.

The van is actually the oldest of the vehicles and it does have rust on the rockers now, but the underside is relatively rust free. Again some sort of white paint. In places where it is chipped, you can plainly see that it is at least two coats of paint.

The paint on the underside of the truck is very thin and only one coat. It is not very good at preventing corrosion. And the undercoating that was used on the frame, although long gone now, was waxy and greasy. In places where it still exists, it is pretty rusty underneath it.

The trucks rockers rusted from the inside out. I don't understand comments about neglect, what are you supposed to do, pressure wash underneath once per week? That would likely help to rinse the salt off. But i think some decent paint is more practical and How are you supposed to clean inside rockers?

Quick Reply: HELP mounts and rad support- not usual question? PICS