1997 - 2003 F-150

New Truck, got a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Truck, got a few questions

Hey guys, I just bought my first truck a 1998 F150 (ofcourse right lol) 4.2 V6 M5OD transmission. Getting around 18 miles per gallon highway which seems good for an older truck, XL model and I just wanted to do some mods on her but im not sure where to start.

I've got a list of things I would like to do

Exhaust
Cold Air Filter
99+ Style grille, I've got the "diamond" grille as it is
Seat swap, looking for leather and my cheap center consol doesnt have a cup holder.
Glo Gauge mod or the LED write up I found on here?

I've already knocked on one thing on the list and that was a cluster swap with an XLT so I could get a tach.

Im really impressed with a user Raptor his truck looks bad *** might I add.

So here is what I would like help on...

1. What kind of cold air intakes do you guys reccomend?
2. How do you do the grille replacment and what parts would be needed?
3. What kinda seats do you guys reccomend? I would like leather and to do away with that midle seat and put somekinda console in there... Any Ideas?
4. Oh and what kinda exhaust do you guys like, I dont like the flowmasters I've heard on v6s the seem to ping.

Thanks so much guys I look forward to your responses.

Beau

Last edited by blewis112; 09-09-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add a few things.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome!

Firstly don't waste your money on a CAI. Do a search for the GOTTS mod, most of us are running it and you can do it for under $15. A bunch of guys are working on their seat swaps..picking up some buckets and getting the expy consoles. TheJake1989, Raptor, and B2therad have done the front end swap.

Hope this helps

Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that CIA alternative is awesome, i'll prolly do it saturday. I'll do a IAT test before and after the mod to give you guys a difference since.

Thanks for the quick reply

Quick Reply: New Truck, got a few questions