F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   1997 - 2003 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/1997-2003-f-150-118/)
-   -   Stitches tease (https://www.f150online.com/forums/1997-2003-f-150/413852-stitches-tease.html)

Klitch 04-26-2011 01:29 PM

The rear has a DOM tube slipped in to the frame and welded, and bushings through it. Just a little more to the rear than meets the eye in the picture.

I believe its stout enough, I've had the camper on the truck.

Alex Laird 09-07-2011 04:28 AM

Ive been contemplating about doing a sas on my truck, and every time I research it I come across your truck and it makes me want to do it so bad! You did such a nice job on this thing, it looks so clean, almost like its oem! I envy your truck! BTW are you located in Eastern WA?? Your pictures looks like its in the Spokane/ Wenatchee area.

big red 98 02-17-2012 05:51 PM

all i need is blueprints of all the mounts and i could to it i got lucky and got a set of axles out an 01 f250 for free. gotta love family. if i had another daily driver i would have started on it already so im just gonna get all the info i can and i should be able to knock it out in a rough weekend or so. if anybody can help with this private message me please and thanks

06yz250f 02-17-2012 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Klitch (Post 4573089)

I know this is old, but Is there a reason he only supplied flat bar instead of rectangular tubing on the cross member?

for $2k i would expect it to be a little nicer.

4.2trimble 02-17-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by 06yz250f (Post 4782090)
I know this is old, but Is there a reason he only supplied flat bar instead of rectangular tubing on the cross member?

for $2k i would expect it to be a little nicer.

The reason for the flat bar stuff was simplicity, its just there to help make a straight square line from driver side to passanger side. Its not a Crossmember as the stock crossmember stays located where it is. If you wanted to you could easily box in the area onto of the flat bar. But since the stock crossmember stays in its not really needed. :cool:

i miss my f150 :(

06yz250f 02-17-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by 4.2trimble (Post 4782107)
The reason for the flat bar stuff was simplicity, its just there to help make a straight square line from driver side to passanger side. Its not a Crossmember as the stock crossmember stays located where it is. If you wanted to you could easily box in the area onto of the flat bar. But since the stock crossmember stays in its not really needed. :cool:

i miss my f150 :(

you sold it?

and i still feel like it would be a good idea to run something in between the frame rails. Wouldn't make it any harder to build than with that flat bar.

4.2trimble 02-17-2012 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by 06yz250f (Post 4782125)
you sold it?

and i still feel like it would be a good idea to run something in between the frame rails. Wouldn't make it any harder to build than with that flat bar.

no it wouldnt thats why its left for you to do if so desired. You got to think of it from a business stand point too, its better not to advertise it as a front crossmember, then you dont have people endlessly hacking away at their truck and not replacing or fixing the holes they create. Just simplicity.

There were a few changes that id made to the kit as well. first was gusseting both sides of the "crossmember" he only gives you gussets for the outside but i put 2 on the inside and 2 underneath aswell. Also i think the front spring rear mount could have been ALOT easier to do. Not that it was impossible but cutting the O hole in the frame then putting a piece of DOM in there and welding it flush with the frame was alittle of a pain, specially when you start welding the inside part of the frame. To me it would have been a good place for a COMPLETE manufactured part, i have drawlings of what i was going to make just never made it. It consisted of making a bracket that slid over the frame. the piece would be completely done all you would have to do is cut a 1" slit in the frame to slide the bushing sleave into (DOM tubing prewelded into the fabbed piece). By doing it this way you could weld the whole braket to the frame which would give you much more strength, and it would allow you to bolt on the bracket by just drilling holes for alittle easier install.

Im not sure if you will follow that. But its in my head and on paper just no use for it anymore.

And the truck is gone :( Thats why i got the bronco needed something

Red02FX4 02-18-2012 05:49 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :help:

06yz250f 02-18-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Red02FX4 (Post 4782329)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :help:

I'm not helping you. You brought that on yourself. That kid is a dumbass, just ignore it and just like a bad zit he might go away.

Cecil, i get what your saying. A bolt on set up would be nice for those that can't weld so then hopefully they can take it to get welded and save on the rest of the labor charges. I still cant' believe there aren't more kits, it seems the chevy guys have multiple kit choices for alot better prices.

pizzaman711 02-18-2012 11:18 AM

Yea, the lack of kits definitely is kinda upsetting. What ever happened to farmboy fab anyways? I heard something about him possibly going up here to va beach but that was a decent amount of time ago.

five0merc 02-18-2012 11:24 AM

I have been wondering myself, cause I am seriously thinking of going SAS on my truck cause the t-bar crossmember is in the way of my transfer case with my ZF6.

4.2trimble 02-18-2012 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by lltoolj (Post 4782314)
we all make bad decisions now or then. But to make a decision like that. is just re****ulas (sp) its one thing to get rid of your f150 for another f150. but to get a bronco in its place just doesent make any sense. Alot like the words i type and some of the things i say. But thats beside the point here. this is about you and your decision you made and it being an absolute bad one. the bronco has one thing going for it in that it is a ford but thats it.

If you like it then you dont belong on a f150 forum. if you dont like it please stay and get another f150. (smart thing to do) (sorry im an f150 fanboy fagit and i drool over anything f150. ( i must say though i drool all the time f150 or not. Infact im drooling now for no reason. ive got a puddle on the desk here of drool.

But back on topic of this thread. Wait what was this threads topic again?

Buddy you need to know me before judging my decisions. I did the F150 thing, it was fun one of the best projects of my life. Who can say they drove a SAS'd F150 on 46's everyday and they built it. Not too many people. I didnt get rid of the F150 to buy a bronco, the f150 has been gone for a year or so. Drove a ranger for alittle cause i was worn out of working on trucks. The bronco is my next choice. I love Broncos, one of my favorite vehicles.

I really could careless about what you think about my decisions OR if you think i should be here or not.

4.2trimble 02-18-2012 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by five0merc (Post 4782462)
I have been wondering myself, cause I am seriously thinking of going SAS on my truck cause the t-bar crossmember is in the way of my transfer case with my ZF6.

As far as im concerned he is gone, havent heard anything from him in 2 years. I know he moved north but as far as i know he never reopened. Which is ashame cause it was a good company

RathF150 02-18-2012 10:54 PM

honestly can you just shut up. trimble has more f150 knowlegde then you so cares what he drives. I was on this f150 forum for 3 years when all i had was a lifted ranger. i just think its a great, easy to use forum. trying to diss members with thousands of posts just makes you look like a fool so stop

06yz250f 02-19-2012 01:46 PM

Klitch, does the factory cross member come close to contact with anything under full flex?