1997 - 2003 F-150

Back from FL!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from FL!

Just got back from a 2,000 mile round trip from MD to FL and back again in the ole' F1fiddy. Truck didn't skip a beat and we (me, the wife and our dog) averaged about 15 - 16 mpg, which isn't bad considering I was doing about 75-80 mph (mostly night driving) all the way. Had a decent load in the bed on the way back and it didn't really affect the mileage at all. Truck rolled over to 113,000 miles when we got back to MD, she's just getting broken in!

It was nice to drive the truck down, I don't drive it much anymore, so I sometimes forget how much I love driving that truck. I could have driven my car and have accomplished twice the gas mileage, but I wouldn't have been as comfortable, felt as safe, and my sister wouldn't have gotten that free spare bedroom set I brought back up for her from our parents house in FL.

Hope everyone had a good Turkey Day.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisT
It was nice to drive the truck down, I don't drive it much anymore, so I sometimes forget how much I love driving that truck.
I know what you're talking about ... driving my truck was the only thing that got me excited about the 700 mi trip to the in-laws for the holiday!

Quick Reply: Back from FL!