1997 - 2003 F-150

Something's wrong

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellie
Turned out to be the PATS transceiver. So fixing it and getting a second key (we only have one) is going to be $340. Not great, but not too bad.

Thank you all for your help!!!! I just KNEW it couldn't be the fuel pump failing at the same time as the ignition. I don't have great luck, but that would be pretty bad by even MY standards. lol

Oh, and since hubby will be buying a new vehicle anyway in the very new future, this truck will become my fishing/camping/hunting/whatever truck so I'm SURE I'll be on here quite a bit. This seems like a great place to learn!!!!

Thank you all again!!!
Glad you got it going! Welcome to the site. You don't have to have a problem to come around and say "hello". Plus, you just might be able to help someone else that's having a problem.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another twist.....

They replaced the trasceiver because that was the codes they were getting and got it started. Turned it off and now it won't start again. So they want ANOTHER $700 to replace the fuel pump.

I'm so mad I can't even think straight. I just cannot believe that the fuel pump AND the ignition set went bad at exactly the same time. Not to mention that they waited until 2 hours before closing to tell me this, although they've had the truck since Saturday afternoon.

Quick Reply: Something's wrong