1997 - 2003 F-150

Lift Kit Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Kit Ideas?

i am looking for a lift kit for my 02 2wd EXT cab. perferebly something 6in or above. i want to fit 35's, and am looking to do some desert off roading, and jumping. but i am on a limited buget because i am currently a college student. do you guys have any ideas on good kits, or any websites where i can find good used kits. i have been looking at the fabtech 7.5 performance kit. but i cant find it for cheap.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BML828
i am looking for a lift kit for my 02 2wd EXT cab. perferebly something 6in or above. i want to fit 35's, and am looking to do some desert off roading, and jumping. but i am on a limited buget because i am currently a college student. do you guys have any ideas on good kits, or any websites where i can find good used kits. i have been looking at the fabtech 7.5 performance kit. but i cant find it for cheap.
Don't take this the wrong way man, but I don't think you're going to find "cheap", "suspension lift", and "dune jumping" in the same sentence. If you're on a budget and a DIY'er then I would suggest looking into body lifts, spindle kits, coil spacers, etc. If you want an alternative to the 7.5" Fabtech, look at the 6" RCD kit. I also have an 02 2wd ext. cab and I went with the RCD. I don't know if I'd do any dune jumping with it, but it's held up quite well for the 4 years I've had it. I have many pics in my gallery of the lift if you want to check it out. One of the selling points of the RCD lift (for me) was the fact that I could still run my OEM wheels with it. I too was looking at the Fabtech but was told I could not run my OEM wheels with that lift. Good luck.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with the Fabtech or RCD kit. Also, you can run the oem wheels on both kits for the 97-03 trucks.

Quick Reply: Lift Kit Ideas?