1997 - 2003 F-150

what to do with my truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to do with my truck

I'm in a tough situation, and I wasn't sure if any of you had some advice as to what to do. I have a 98 F150 that I paid too much for 2 years ago. (4.2L 4x4 5spd manual). I put new brakes, a new egr and a new fuel tank in it since I've had it. It runs great, shifts great, 4x4 works... the problem is rust. I need a new brake job (lines, rotors, pads, calipers, etc.) and new shocks as well in order to get it inspected. Being that I am a full time student (Sr. at that), I am completely bogged down with school work and work work, so I just don't have the time to fix it. Second, I need a more fuel efficient car to start my life out of college with. And third, I can't justify putting that much money into a truck (paying a shop to do it) that I can't really afford to drive to begin with, with the gas consumption.

Here's my problem-I haven't been able to sell it, though I need money badly to get a new smaller, more fuel efficient car. I have considered scraping it, but I would hate to take THAT big of a hit on a truck that runs and drives fine. If I can get $1,000, I'd let it go. I've listed it at $1,500 and $2,000 online with the thought I would have a lowballer come and take his offer so long as it was above $1,000. The truck has 111k, and so I believe the motor still has plenty of life left in it-I just need to get rid of it. What do I do?

Quick Reply: what to do with my truck