Goodyear M/T

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodyear M/T

Anybody have these tires, and what's your opinion on them. I have heard nothing but good things about them, there treadwear and snow traction seems to be real good. I seen they have a 275x70x17 and a 285x70x17. On tirerack's website they have the 275's 33.1 inches tall and the 285's 32.9 , but goodyear's website has the opposite, which one is right. any pics of these tires on stock rims and no lift would be cool. I appreciate the help.

Old 05-25-2002, 08:45 PM
hey Killer,

I have the mt/r's and can honestly say, they are one of the best compromise tires I've ever owned. True, they are a mud tire, but they seem to be good in everything I've run them in. Mainly mud, but lots of rock and soft dirt. You won't be disappointed with these tires. My next set will be the same.
I have over 20,000 on my set and should see another 15 to 20,000 with them. Maybe not, but I'm planning on it. Good luck, Rich.

Old 05-28-2002, 10:33 PM
I have a set of MT/Rs on my truck, they are 33" tall and I love them. They truely fly through the mud and are very quiet on the street. Got about 7k on them with no apparent wear.

Don't know what else to say, except they kick the crap out of BFG ATAs. I really needed something with more bite and the MT/Rs have it. They ride just as good on the street too!

Good Luck...

Old 05-29-2002, 07:42 AM
Hey NativeTexasHunt

Those pictures look great, my truck is identical to yours,it's a 99 off road package and i'm waiteing on a set of 285x70x17goodyearmt/r. I heard they do real good in snow, the 285's are 33inches to, after seeing these pictures i know i will be well satisfied. I'm kind of new at this but how do you post pictures. Also can you tell any power loss. Thanks alot for the help.

Old 05-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Chevy Killer:

Thanks, I really like the way the truck drives, both on and offroad. I am going to put on a 3" body lift and some 35" when the MT/Rs wear out. May take a while at the rate these Goodyears are lasting...

I thought about doing a 4" Rancho lift, but I don't want to alter the drivetrain. I really didn't like the look of the body lifts at first, but the more I see, the more I like...

To post the pictures, you just get an account here. Setup your homepage and there is an upload button or something like that. It copies the image from your computers hardrive to the websites image directory. Its really easy, just a little slow even with my cable modem...

Good Luck,

Old 06-01-2002, 01:37 AM
Thumbs up Hey TEXAS NATIVE HUNT

I just got my tires mounted today. I went with the 285x70x17 and they look great, I sure hope they do good in the snow and I'm sure they will. Also anyone that reads this message i just want to say that the good year M/T are a awesome tire, I have always loved BFG but these tires are really really nice and for those who want a tire on there stock rim well here you go they look great, in my opinion much better than the BFG M/T. I know alot of people bad mouth the stock goodyears but these are much better. Just trying to give my opinion, Hey keep those fords looking good.

Quick Reply: Goodyear M/T