bfg ko orbridgestone dueler at

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bfg ko orbridgestone dueler at

what would be my best choice of these two tires? i live in mn. so need a good tire for snow also want a quiet riding tire.these tires seem to be the choice of alot of you on this forum.out the door prices for these tires are 798.67 for the bfg and 568 for the duelers. is there really that much difference between these two tires as far as ride, noise level and traction to justify the $230.00 difference?

Old 01-20-2002, 04:39 PM
I will qualify my statements by saying I have never owned any bfg's, and any info I have on them is second hand. You found the first drawback on the BFG's - the price. They are expensive and yes, you can do as well with other tires for a cheaper price. That being said, many people swear by them and won't use anything else. If you like an agressive looking tread, the bfgs are nice. They also get good snow traction. Mileage is also reportedly good.

The Duelers are also an excellent choice. They don't look as agressive as many all terrrain tires, but that doesn't bother me. Price is decent and reasonable for a tire with a 50k tread warranty. I generally expect 60k out of my tires and these are wearing fine so far (I have over 25,000 miles to date). Quiet on the road and snow traction has been just fine. I drive a 2wd here in the MN winters, so you can imagine I place a pretty high importance on winter traction! I know a couple of other MN folks who use these tires exclusively and they have a very good reputation.

If it were me, I'd take the duelers and run! Just my two cents...

Old 01-21-2002, 12:18 PM
Well!!
I have owned both sets of tires.
before i had 33x12.50x16 BFG's on MTclassicII wheels
these were great tires they seemed to whine a little bit on the highway but they had excellent offroad tread and treadlife.

Im currently running 265/70r17 Bridgestone Dueler A/t's theyre probably my favorite out of every set i have ever owned! they have a super treadlife! and a 50k warranty i ride my truck about 4 days a week on a strip and sometimes it gets muddy and snowy these didnt do qiuet as good as my BFG's but i have never had a problem putting this truck anywhere i wanted to go with it!
just my .02
JJ

Old 01-24-2002, 08:39 AM
Cool

You might look at the new Toyo Open Country, they have been rated very high all around , and priced competitivly.

Old 01-24-2002, 09:13 AM
Go with the Bridgestones...

I am another one from Minnesota that has run the Bridgestone Dueler ATs and absolutely love them. I have driven trucks with both tires on them, and actually have to say that I think they have better traction than the BFG's do. If you are into driving logging roads, they clean out good with the mud, and can get you out of ruts. I had 35,000 miles on my first set, but didn't rotate them regularly, and let them get too bad before I got an alignment, so I decided to get everything done, and put another new set on my truck. Very good snow traction as well, with the stock goodyears, I had weight in the back of the truck, now I don't need it, but still have a little bit in the box.
Glad to see that there are more and more Minnesota members that are finding this site. Stay here and you will see a lot more useable information.
David

Old 01-24-2002, 10:25 PM
I have never owned a Bridgestone tire, so I cannot comment on those. But, i have had alot of BFG tires and they have all been great!
Right now, running BFG A/T ko. FANTASTIC tire! Great traction in all conditions. Great tread life. I will buy another set when the time comes. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Old 01-25-2002, 09:17 PM
hey fellas,

true, getting what you pay for can hold up. except with bfg, they are just a little too proud of their tires right now. i have owned several sets of bfg's, both at and mt and i liked them all just fine. i have also owned bridgestone tires. never the at, only the mt. the mt rode as quiet as any at i ever owned and had twice the traction. good warranty with a good price. by the duelers, Rich.

Trending Topics

Old 01-31-2002, 07:12 PM
Talking

Dueler ATs rock, man!!!

Old 02-02-2002, 05:49 AM
Get BFG's. I have had them on my other trucks and have been happy with their performance all around. I just put some on my
supercrew alond with KM Venoms.Looks and rides great!!

Quick Reply: bfg ko orbridgestone dueler at