Curb damage 20's

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curb damage 20's

I went to the super dome today to see a car show and i hit a curb in there horribly designed parking garage. My question is, is there anything i can do to help my rim i mean it looks MESSED up and i want to use a diffrent word. i guess i got about a 1 foot section around the rim with scrapes one rim im so depressed im just wondering if there is anything to do or am i screwed and have to get it re-chromed....any help would be so greatfully appreciated.

Syeth

Old 01-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Only a guess, but you could try to buff it out or use some steel wool. It'll never look like new with either approach, but maybe "dull" out the scratches some.

Bummer man!

Old 01-14-2002, 12:45 PM
I feel your pain. I did the same thing last year with my stock 20's.
At first you have to take the pain & accept it. You can get it repaired, but sometimes it could be as much as a new rim (in some cases) Solution= I am waiting to put on a new tire size- 305/50/20 for more rim protection. I still have the damage on the rim. I try not to look at it.

Old 01-14-2002, 01:41 PM
Unhappy

Syeth,

Having a rim re-chromed could cost almost as much (if not more, depending on quality) as the original cost itself. I'm really sorry man. (or lady)

Just put part of your next paycheck to good use I suppose. Get a new one and keep smiling..

Quick Reply: Curb damage 20's