2001 f150 drivers side brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 f150 drivers side brakes

I am having an issue on my 2001 f150 supercrew with the drivers side front brakes. About a year and a half ago I bought the cmax ceramics brakes and the carbon (most expensive) rotors from autozone. I replaced the brakes all the way around. Recently every so often during hard braking I will hear a noise from the drivers side wheel that sounds like either the brakes arent making full contact with the rotor or almost like the rotors are glazed over. I did take it in to get a new set of front brakes and the shop refused to replace them saying the pads had 70% left on them and rotors looked fine. I wasn't able to get the brake hardware in the drivers side, but made sure it was well lubed. The truck still stops it just makes that god awful noise i cant even describe except maybe running over rumble strips on the freeway when theyre doing construction.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Ruckus.....see my post.....I think you and I have the same thing happening.

Hump.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:57 PM
I'll try to find it once I get home. It's very strange had it happen yesterday pulling into a pizza place. Truck stops but sounds like the pad is gone but it's not. On the way back was fine. Kind of irritating and I drive my 5 year old around in it

Quick Reply: 2001 f150 drivers side brakes