Posted in other wheel forum Hoping for help here too??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Posted in other wheel forum Hoping for help here too??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is the best place to buy 275-60/17 For a 98 f-150 2wd. I have been thinking about replacing with a wheel and tire Package. Can't find any i like in my price range. 1500.00 is max that i could spend, tax, mounting, balancing, the whole nine yards, for a set of wheels. Sizes would be 18"-20". At least an 18, becuase I am eventually going to add a bigger brake kit. The ones I have seen require at least 18" rims. Don't want bigger than 20" becuase they start to look like you are over compensating for something. LOL. I like the look of a nice 5 star wheel some 6 star wheel are OK.

If I decide on the stock 17" tires the cheapest I have found is 107.00 (tires.com) for Falken Ziex '01. Tire rack has a Kumho for 96.00 I think. Which would be the better tire. also what is the general going rate on mount and balance if I do order tires thorugh the internet?? Any one know of any place I coud maybe find them or something close cheaper?

I realize this is a sport truck tire, and most talk in here refers to off-road mud tires. But, I have exhuasted my resources, and know not where else to look. Thanks to everyone in advance I hope I can find what i am looking for. I have already been too Tire rack, way expensive, and Discount Tires Direct.

Scotty08