Aftermarket MFG question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket MFG question

I'm looking at getting new wheels in the next several months. I've been looking around quite a bit. Is there a way to fid out who makes certain wheels?

An example would be Helo wheels. I like the MAXX 6, can't find out a thing about them. Warranty, and contact info would be nice. SSC Performance is another one with no leads...

Also what about overall quality? I like the looks of a few Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys, have seen a few posts saying they are less than a good wheel.

I've done countless searches and spent several hours and am coming up empty handed!

Help is appreciated!!!

Thanks

Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 PM
SSC Performance

Hey chief the reason you aren't gettin any leads from some of these wheel companies is because they are private brands. For example SSC is a Sears private brand. Not necessarily top of the line, but they are nice for what they cost. You can get 4 chrome 16's for like less than 500 bucks. I sell quite a bit SSC and have had no complaints. I wouldnt expect them to hold up in the rigors of off-roading or anything, but they hold their value.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Helo is a name brand wheel. You should be able to find there website if you do a search. Also, I havn't heard any complaints on Pro Comp wheels. What have you heard?

Old 05-04-2005, 11:06 AM
As far as Helo goes, when I search any engine for them, all the results come back with retail sales. As for Pro Comp, I've heard that the quality of the alloy is suspect. I have absolutely nothing to confirm this, just trying to do my homework.

I have found several American Racing that I like...

Old 05-04-2005, 11:51 AM
i just ordered Helo Maxx 6 17x9 wheels, i'll let you know how they are when i get them

Old 05-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by need_a_lift
i just ordered Helo Maxx 6 17x9 wheels, i'll let you know how they are when i get them
Thanks...

Quick Reply: Aftermarket MFG question