Rear drum to disc conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear drum to disc conversion

Hi everyone.

I have searched the forums for info on rear drum to disc kits. I have not been successful. Has anyone found/installed one of these kits?
Also, just completed the replacement upper/lower ball joints. The process would have been difficult if not for the information I found here. Thanks to all.

Sean

Old 03-13-2005, 12:12 AM
i'm also looking for a rear disc kit for my '96. any help would be greatly appreciated..

Old 03-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Will do. Any info I collect will be posted to this thread. I'm assuming no one here has attempted this task due to the lack of responses. I will contact some of the magazines. I'm thinking of a boneyard trip for the rear axle brackets, cables, etc. Then a trip to the dealer for part numbers of master cyl, bias valve, and ABS booster if necessary. I accomplished this task on my old 70 Buick many years ago. However, I had already swapped in a Chevy 12 bolt, Which made the task easy. I adjusted the rear drums to the point where they are dragging pretty good. The brakes now feel much firmer. After a 40 mile ride on the highway, they were cool to the touch, so I don't beleive I went too far.

Sean

Quick Reply: Rear drum to disc conversion