03 5.4 engine swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 5.4 engine swap questions

Hello Ford people! New to the forum, but not new to Fords. I recently had some coolant leak from my intake manifold/gasket failure (in the front through the water jacket into cylinder #1) This did bad things! I tried to just replace the manifold and gasket, but the damage had been done..

So I picked up a 2001 5.4 with 120k on it, with the trans, and transfer case for a screaming deal. Anyway, it has the aluminum intake manifold, and mine has the plastic one. There are several differences in the vacuum lines, and also in the main wire loom. The heater core lines are also different.

I plan on putting my new intake manifold on it, which I'm thinking will take care of the vacuum problem, and probably the heater core lines. I guessing that if I swap out my wire loom from my rig, to this new motor, it should work fine? I don't know..

Anybody know if a 01 5.4 is compatible in a 03? My understanding is that 2000-2003 are all the same, otherwise I would have not made this purchase. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Regards,

Chris

Last edited by CDennyrun; 11-14-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 03 5.4 engine swap questions