2005 5.4 3v injector letter: Ford Customer Satisfaction Program 07M08

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
lav
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer has told me that it was NOT an injector related issue. So begins my battle over this. Will keep posted.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
What are they basing that on, and what do they say caused the failure?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
i wish they would also cover converters, my engine hydrolocked from a sticking open injector, they replaced the engine, but now i have a code p403, because i imagine unburned gas from the stuck open injector made its way to my converter, ruining it, both stuck injector and bad converter on same side

Old 12-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Global Moderator &

If the Cat was ruined by the open injector, they are supposed to replace it as part of the fix.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Converters are covered for at least 80,000 miles under the federal emissions requirements.
How many miles do you have?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
80,200 miles

Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 AM
lav
The dealer has only told me that injectors are fine but he has yet to say what actually caused the motor to go. I spoke to Customer Relations and they were no help so I then called Dearborn, MI. I am dealing with a person in the "executive offife" at this point and waiting to hear back. I just for the life of me can not believe that it is not somehow related to the injectors. Will post when I have an answer.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I have a 2005 f-150 supercrew 5.4L 3v. I've recently had what seems to be intermittent misfire issues. Seems to miss at idle and spit and sputter at low rpm (1200 - 1800). The check engine light came on and then went off. I took it to my my dealer last weekand they replaced the coil and spark plug on #2 cylinder. It did not fix the issue as it cropped up again shortly after I picked up the truck. I continued to drive it trying to see if the problem would happen continuously so I could take it to the dealer while it was occuring. At one point the engine ran very rough and the check engine light began flashing. I pulled over shut the engine off and a short time later started it back up and it appeared to run fine. I drove it straight to the dealer again after that and they cannot get it to repeat. Is this an injector issue? Any advice on what to ask them to look at would be apprectiated.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Global Moderator &

They can do an injector leak test pretty easily. It could also be your throttle body, bad plugs, or stopped up fuel filter. Did they read the codes? See if you can get the codes and tell us what they where.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 PM
They said the code from the 1st trip to see them last week showed a misfire on cylinder #2. This time they said there was no code because a flashing check engine light will not store a code. They are suspecting coils and/or plugs which from reading other threads and forums seems to be the standard thing they do first. They are changing the plugs first then going to check the coils. I was told they can't be sure of the coils until they know the plugs are good. The truck has 113,000 miles on it and the plugs were changed at about the 100,000 mile mark. They said they will check the plugs and if they look good then they will not replace them and move on to coils.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:25 PM
This is too ironic. I also have a 2005, in 2007 and 22,000 miles I had the injector issue. Stopped at a stop sign in gear with my foot on the brake the truck seemed like it was "jumping" around trying to go. Took it to the dealer no question asked it was an injector replaced under warranty no problems. Fast forward to this past October. Started truck rougher start than normal no big deal, drove down to work for a bit came out and I had a heck of a time getting it to start. When it did start it was the worst idle I have ever experienced in any vehicle. Called the dealer (different than first since first closed down) explained to them what I thought was wrong. Was told to bring it in and they would look at it. Drove 40 minutes to get there truck was just fine the whole way. They pull it in and come back to me with a $2700 quote to fix cam phasers and they said that I was getting some cross current from plugs 1 and 6 etc, etc (never mentioning injectors). I said there was no way I was paying to "rebuild the engine" and I left. Needless to say the following Monday the service manager called me and said that he wanted me to come in and they would change not one but two injectors! I am just curious how they came to that conclusion after trying to get me for $2700. Anyway to make my long story short all seems to be going ok for now, but stay tuned I am sure something else will happen next...

Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
lav
Looks like I am at the end of the road with my F150. Motor from Ford, 5G plus labor, Jasper is around 4.5G plus labor. Oh and since there is a hole in the block I would have to pay a "core' charge since it can't be rebuilt. I think I am going to be selling it to a friend of friend that has a shop. Totally disappointed with this truck, I have had other minor problems but this was the straw that broke the camels back. I hope you all have better luck and thanks for the info. This forum was helpful along the way.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by MotoMike
This letter specifically states that Ford will pay for repair to injectors that are stuck open or closed. But earlier in the letter it says this stuck condition could result in "damage to other powertrain components." Does anyone have any experience making a claim under this extended warranty?
Ford replaced my injectors and my catalytic converters which were fouled due to the bad injectors. They also did the spark plugs and cleaned out the motor for good measure. Total bill $4000+ paid by ford. Not including the rental car they gave me.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 PM
2005 Ford F-150 3v 5.4L V8- Bad Injector

Just had a bad fuel injector replaced last week after truck was running poorly covered under warranty. They changed oil at same time. Now, not even a week later it still runs a bit rough and service engine light came on. I brought it into dealership- they say catalytic converter is bad and needs to be replaced, but will be covered under warranty, however they deny any connection to the bad injector. They also want to do a tune up at the same time and change out plugs to for $380 at the same time. Seems a bit strange to me, I think all these problems are related to the bad injector and should be covered secondary to that... Not sure what else i can do or who to plead my case to.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Global Moderator &

They should change the cat as it was stopped up by the raw fuel from the injector. They should also replace the plugs on the cylinders where you had stuck injectors. All under the extended warranty. The remaining plugs would be your responibility under normal maintenance.

Quick Reply: 2005 5.4 3v injector letter: Ford Customer Satisfaction Program 07M08