Nowhere else to put this???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nowhere else to put this???

This post really doesn't work in the classified section of the forums, so here goes. Has anyone used the Costco new vehicle buyers plan to buy thier truck? How much did it take off the sticker price? Was it a good experience? Do you feel satisfied? Just wondering as a new Screw is in my future.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Talking

Nobody out there is a Coscto member???

Old 03-20-2008, 02:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Costco member?

Originally Posted by deerhunter7979
Nobody out there is a Coscto member???
Yep, Costco member here but I have never bought a vehicle through their program. At least in So. Cal. you can do a lot better on your own than you could through Costco. I bought my 04 Xlt for about $9k off of list and my brother just bought a new Screw Xlt loaded for about $10k off of list. The dealerships are empty and they and they are desperate to sell vehicles. Probably not able to get those kind of deals in Montana but I don't think it's even a POSSIBILITY for Costco to come close to that.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:07 AM
Bought a vehicle through Costco auto program last year. The price they quote you is pretty much what you see on www.edmunds.com under the column (What People Pay). Dealers are so desperate right now that you can probably haggle the price down alot more than the Costco price. They make up some BS about how if you buy a vehichle throught the Costco program, you must take what availiable on "their" lot. They will not bring in a vehicle from nearby dealers. The Costco program is basically for people who don't like to haggle, but want a decent price. You can probably do $1500-2K better if you made your own deal.

FYI, Back in Dec, a dealer in Seattle quoted me a Costco price of $34,900 for a 08 loaded Lariat Supercrew before rebates .

Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Talking Reading my mind

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I will try my best with the abilities I have to negotiate. I increased my annual salary $17,000 with an excellent review and the HR manager, so now I can start looking for my new Screw!

Quick Reply: Nowhere else to put this???