2000 F150 - Fuel Pump Problem: Help Me! Lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are not the only normal person

Originally Posted by jethat
Dead thread drag up. The OP hasn't posted in 4 years.
I have recently joined so the news is new to me and I have only recently had a problem. Sorry you are so smart and I am stupid. All I am asking is what causes the thump, but I guess it is your insecurity you idiot.Why have an on line forum when people act this way?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks

Originally Posted by Bluegrass
Well you have a decision to make.
Either count on getting lucky or do some testing to find the issue.
Should be able to hear the pump run about 1 second at key on, then shut off.
This is normal. You still would not know anythng about fuel pressure.
At this point don't worry about using a tank of gas if the motor won't start.
Good luck.
All I was curious about was what caused the thump. Already got the pump ordered.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Why Post

Originally Posted by crankysam
Blue grass is correct.Either its no spark or no fuel.Check the spark first,if you have that then check fuel. You have been throwing parts at it and going no where. Please let us know what you find.............Sam
All I did was ask a question. Why ask if all somebody is going to do is be and an ***?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Whats Up

Originally Posted by crankysam
Blue grass is correct.Either its no spark or no fuel.Check the spark first,if you have that then check fuel. You have been throwing parts at it and going no where. Please let us know what you find.............Sam
I started the truck a week ago, ran it around the block and then parked it so I could get a new tag. Went out and it would not start a week later. The fuel rail thumps when I try to prime it up, and I expect the pump is bad. I took the fuel filter loose and tried to start the car and there was no flow from the hoses on either side.

Any thoughts, other than I am stupid, would be good.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Your a **** to!

Old 05-01-2012, 11:03 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Nobody is calling you stupid, but apparently there's some things regarding forum etiquette you aren't aware of. Bringing up a thread that's been dead 4 years is not the ideal way to get help for YOUR problem (this is called thread crapping and it's not appreciated) - and then getting pissed off at senior members when you are called on it just compounds your issues and makes it even harder to get decent help.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Hanksterb45
Well shoot.. I'm drawing a blank now.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Hanksterb45
I started the truck a week ago, ran it around the block and then parked it so I could get a new tag. Went out and it would not start a week later. The fuel rail thumps when I try to prime it up, and I expect the pump is bad. I took the fuel filter loose and tried to start the car and there was no flow from the hoses on either side.

Temper,temper Hankster.We are here to help and some of use are mechanics.My reply was to Measeto who started the thread and my mistake for not noticeing the posting date.And no body is calling you stupid.Have a good day

Old 10-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Sorry Crankysam. I am not a poster and my frustration with the problem and then being told about something in reference to something I did not know about just struck me the wrong. Guess it was a bad way for me to join!! Anyway, should I start a ne post for an old problem?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Aybody got a video on how to remove the fuel tank on a 2000 F150?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 10-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Still tying to figurethis stuff out on posting. Anyway, I removed the strpas from the fuel tank but it will not ome down. Any other bolts?

Old 10-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Supposed Mechanical Brianiacs

for all of you semi qualified mechanics, forums ARE for people who are NOT mechanics trying to figure out issues and have limited budgets. Perhaps you should remember that before posting your over exagereatedopionoion of yourself. The man was asking for advice but got BS instead. Better to stay quiet/or offer help on how to figure the problem out. If you are not going to offer advice how how the PERSON who is nasking the question-perhaps you should keep your mouth shut-we're not all mechanics or have thousands invested in a garage full of tools we'll use only once. Bottom line be a real help or shut up!
Originally Posted by Bluegrass
I'm not trying to give you a hard time but to get you to realize a different outlook on owning a truck and what it takes to upkeep one.
You spent more than $40 guessing on at least 3 parts and now you won't invest in a tool to try finding the real problem! Check to see if there is a fuel rail port before you by a gauge set.
After awhile the total exceeds the cost of having a shop find the fault.
Often you can hear the pump run a second to shut-off when the key is turned to thr RUN position. That's normal. Often times some can't hear it in a full tank or some have poor hearing.
The crank sensor is at about the 7 o'clock position behind the front crank damper.
If things are that tight, you should consider a small car in lue of a truck that is getting older and will need more maintaince as time goes by.
Good luck.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jmarrs
for all of you semi qualified mechanics, forums ARE for people who are NOT mechanics trying to figure out issues and have limited budgets. Perhaps you should remember that before posting your over exagereatedopionoion of yourself. The man was asking for advice but got BS instead. Better to stay quiet/or offer help on how to figure the problem out. If you are not going to offer advice how how the PERSON who is nasking the question-perhaps you should keep your mouth shut-we're not all mechanics or have thousands invested in a garage full of tools we'll use only once. Bottom line be a real help or shut up!
That's Ironic, - you fall into your own category (s),- in every way. Geeezzz.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:02 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Interesting first post.................

Go troll some other board.

Quick Reply: 2000 F150 - Fuel Pump Problem: Help Me! Lol