4r75e first gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe I got the bearings mixed up but this bearing has a lip I gees I would call it .With the lip measures 0.530 just measuring the needle bearing 0.200 and I have the lip facing up in the sun shell.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
That's what I'm referring to. If you press down REALLY hard I suppose you might be able to make the surfaces touch, but that shouldn't happen.

My point is that I have seen this a lot when I get something on my bench where the transmission was rebuilt and the wrong bearing was used there. The bearing for the 03 and up transmissions is about .035 thicker and when someone uses the old bearing with the new sun gear and shell they rub.

It also whacks the stack height by the same amount. Sometimes they make up for that by using the thickest selective thrust washer and sometimes they don't. Regardless, they are missing the issue and fixing the wrong 'problem'.

It's amazing to me how often I put one up on my bench and find that someone has done this. It's also amazing to me that there have to be so many more out there running this way.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's what Im wandering if it had been built before .The guy said that it that it do that before I rebuilt it they all say that . what broke the fly wheel if it wasn't already doing this if you get a chance can you call me I don't know if were supposed to give out phone num. I f we can let me know ill send my num.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't think it's much of an issue about my number as anyone can get it from the links in my sig. I'm going to divide it up to prevent anything automated from grabbing it and me getting a bunch of advertisement type phone calls. The area code is 317, the prefix is 514 and the last part is 0816

I'm working on transmissions today and I have my headset on so I can talk.

D

Quick Reply: 4r75e first gear