2003 King Ranch Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 King Ranch Question

Hello everyone, I am looking at buying a 2003 F150 King Ranch with 255,000kms for $6000. I test drove it today, it starts, runs and drives very nice. I did notice a couple things when driving that I am wondering about, I am not a mechanic but will describe them best I can.

1st - When shifting into drive (from N or P) there is a about a 1/2 second delay before the rear differential engages. The transmission seems to shift to drive no problem but something in the back can be felt engaging about 1/2 second later, I'm assuming its the diff? Does this sound normal or could it be a sign of bigger problems..?

2nd - When braking, just before the vehicle comes to a stop, there is a very slight shudder and clunk. 99% of the braking action is smooth, except for the very last second before the vehicle comes to a complete stop. The shudder is subtle but its there. Again, is this anything to be worried about?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Brandon

Old 10-26-2014, 04:58 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
If you are not a mechanic, I'd recommend you take it to one for a pre-purchase inspection. What you are describing is very difficult to diagnose over the Internet, could be minor or could be expen$ive.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured it would be hard to diagnose over the internet...I have always had pre-purchase inspections done in the past but have called around to garages in my town and that seems to be a foreign concept. The seller is also moving in a week and a half and it will take at least 2 weeks to get it into a shop here.

Quick Reply: 2003 King Ranch Question