Mag-Hytec Pan

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mag-Hytec Pan

Does anyone have one on their truck here? I don't really care about the extra capacity, but I like the drain plug, and the fact that I can easily install a temperature guage.

Can I use a Motorcraft filter with it? I know it takes a deep sump filter, but where do I buy one? Is it just an extension that fits on the Motorcraft filter? I tried contacting the company but they wont answer my question. Also, are their o-ring gaskets really reuseable, or should they be replaced with every pan drop?

I would like to get the shallower pan but their website only shows that it is for a 4R70W transmission. I have the 4R75E transmission; will the bolts line up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, 4R70 and 4R75 take the same pan. If you just want a Drain plug, get the Uhaul pan. It bolts on and uses the same filter.

Factory pan with built in drain plug -->http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/tranny/...res/index.html

The factory pan gasket is bonded rubber, its re-usable. Make sure to torque pan bolts to 130 Inch pounds.

btw, I see no place to install a transmission temp gauge in the mag-hytec pan.

Last edited by mitymerc; 09-03-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added a link with pictures
Old 09-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
The pan is not a great spot to install a temp sensor. There is a port on the side of the trans with a black hex head plug that is a MUCH more accurate location to install a sensor.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky
The pan is not a great spot to install a temp sensor. There is a port on the side of the trans with a black hex head plug that is a MUCH more accurate location to install a sensor.
black hex plug? which port is that?

Old 09-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
That would be the line pressure test port. Many people use it to install a temperature sensor.

Quick Reply: Mag-Hytec Pan