Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Transmissions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 PM
1997 Ford F-150

4r70w rebuild, now no gear

I just rebuilt my 4r70w and now it has no gear at all. The idle changes but the gear doesnt engage. I really need it working asap. Please help. The drive shaft is hooked up correctly, the linkage is hooked up, the converter is bolted up. Any help is appreciated. I can put it in drive and rock the truck, it acts like it is in neutral. i dont know what to do
Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM
2009 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
Did you put the correct amount of fluid in it?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:30 PM
2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
To what extend did you rebuild it. Did u take apart the valve body? Did you put the check ***** in the.correct locations? Did you put the valve body Gear selector plunger in the correct position on the selector shaft when reinstalling the valve body? More info please.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:18 PM
2001 Ford Mustang
My Garage

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F-150
possibly rolled a seal.

-The Mustang
-Pypes Violator Catback
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Global Moderator &
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
id drop the pan and make sure the filter and Oring are installed correctly
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 PM
1997 Ford F-150

I had my email hacked and didn't imbue I had reaponces. I took it back out, checked some things, has a few clutches out of spec, replaced them. Then pul it back in. I now have a reverse that slips a little going in, a forward that only engages And is weak in high rpm. I put it in 4 low and it slips less and is a little
stronger. I don't know what to do. I really what to just give up and burn the dang thing. And help will be appreciated. I'm tanking it may be a pressure problem or I already burnt the clutches. Mabe a sensor? Any way to check. All I did was replace clutches, new seal for the t-c and bolt it up. The forward and intermediate clutches were shot.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 PM
1997 Ford F-150

I had my email hacked and didn't know I had responses. I pull it again, replaced a few clutches that were out of spec, then reinstalled. Now I have a reverse that slips when going in, but is strong, a drive that engages in high rpm and isn't strong til like second and slips out easy. In low, it still slips, just alot less. All I did was replace clutches, seals and gaskets. I'm trying to get around the 1400 rebuild fee because I don't have that to put in it. I'm thinking it may be a pressure issue. I don't know. This is my first rebuild and probably my last. Any help is appreciated. I really
Need it to run ASAP. Thank you in advance
Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 PM