OD Problems, Shudder, yo-yo, 2nd Gear Stall

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OD Problems, Shudder, yo-yo, 2nd Gear Stall

Been trying to figure out whats wrong with my dad's 1997 F150 V6 for awhile now. We've replaced the lock up solenoid and Torque Converter so far. It was good for a couple days then started doing the same thing. It shudders when coming to a stop and a little bit of yo yo action when leaving from a stop. The OD light on the handle starts blinking and then stops after you get up to speed. Today I just found out that it stalls out with the brake applied just going through each gear to 2nd. Every gear is fine except when you click into 2nd, then it dies. From the start it's been throwing a
PO743 Code: Torque converter clutch system electrical. That's about all the info I have, thanks for any help in advance.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JSebF150
From the start it's been throwing a
PO743 Code: Torque converter clutch system electrical.
You could have saved replacing the solenoid and torque converter by fixing this first. It means there is a short to ground on the torque converter solenoid electrical circuit. That is holding the torque converter solenoid on all the time, so the torque converter is locked when it shouldn't be. Find the wiring problem and the truck will be fixed.

Quick Reply: OD Problems, Shudder, yo-yo, 2nd Gear Stall