Tranny fun LOL

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny fun LOL

I just purchased my new tranny for my 98 f150 4.6 5spd. and im going to be doing that swap next week. Before i do it though i had a few ?'s

1.) I also need to replace my clutch. I knwo that LUK made the factory clutch in there and they are resomable priced compared to other clutchs. But im looking for something that might hold up a little better and last longer. I just dont have the money to put a centerforce in there. Does any one know of a comparible clutch that my be a little more in my pocketbook?

2.) What does everyone suggest for fluid. Should ijust buy the ford stuff or should i look at a Lucas Oil or an AMS oil? Any other brands that would be worth looking at?

If any one has any imput that would it would be greatfull to know. Thanks.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Also i noticed that centerforce sells just the presure plate and disc. You have to get a throwout bearing and alignment tool yourself. Is a throwout bearing generic to all clutchs or do you need to get one from centerforce? Same with alignment tool. Can i just go down to napa and get a throwout bearing from them and use it on a centerforce?

Old 02-04-2007, 05:55 PM
The throwout bearings are all the same, yes go get one for your truck and it will work, same goes for the alignment tool. I suggest changing that pilot bearing as well. I prefer the bronze bushings. I suggest GM syncromesh fluid in those transmission over anything else.
Alan

Quick Reply: Tranny fun LOL