4R100 Transmission Troubles-Anyone know of a reputable shop in Central Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4R100 Transmission Troubles-Anyone know of a reputable shop in Central Florida?

I posted the thread below already under the Lightning forum but so far haven't had a response - so I thought I'd try again here. Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated:

My transmisson is making noise (especially under throttle before shifting to second and third). It is a whirring, scraping sound. My regular mechanic (Lamotta Performance) wants to replace it (swap out for a Ford remanufactured transmission) but I'd rather have it rebuilt (don't want to loose my core to keep numbers matching). Anyone know of a good transmission shop in the Central Florida area? Also, I've been browsing around online and ran across the "Monster Box".........a supposed bullet proof rebuild kit designed specifically for the Lightning by Factory Tech..........anyone have any experience with this tranny/rebuild kit? Lastly, I have about 76K on my truck and had the tranmission flushed an the fluid changed every 30K miles (once by AAMCO/last time by FORD). I've done my fair share of playing, but I thought the factory Lightning transmission was overbuilt.........is it common to have tranny problems at less than 100K miles? Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Ben IV

Quick Reply: 4R100 Transmission Troubles-Anyone know of a reputable shop in Central Florida?