Anyone have a steering stabilizer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone have a steering stabilizer?

Does anyone have a steering stabilizer mounted on their truck? If so, what brand/ model and how did the install go? Also, how well is it protected from getting bashed on rocks/ stumps and so on.

Thanks again,
Crotteau

Old 06-19-2002, 12:41 AM
STABILIZER

My opinion. There is not a good steering stabilizer avable for Fords that are lifted. I have a 93 with about 9in of total lift with 38s and do allot of wheeling. I wanted a stabilizer big problem, I had a guy design one for me that works great with a lift kit and its a dual shock kit. I can maybe send you a picture to help you.

Old 06-19-2002, 01:11 AM
I have the Rancho steering stablizer ( uses a RS5000 series shock) on my 97. No real need for it but I was/still am planning on lifting it a little and use 35's. If you hit in the area of the stabilizer your taking out the center drag link anyways. MOunting is fairly simple, one heavy duty braker behind idler arm and then two u-bolts clamp it to the drag link. I've got pics, let me see if I can't find a link for ya later.

Old 06-19-2002, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive got a Trailmaster steering stabilizer, and it was maybe a 10 minute job to put it on. I totally agree with KyFordFreak, in saying that if you are going to hit a rock big enough to reach up that far to hit your stabilizer, you're going to be breaking a lot of other things in the process!

Old 06-19-2002, 09:16 PM
Talking Reaching far enough up to hit the stabilizer

I agree, if it does mount up that high, it will break something else as well. I just didn't know where they would decided to mount one on our trucks. I know I have seen some sticking right out in front of the tie rod and that dosen't seem like the best place for me.

Thanks for the help guys, I will probably decide on which one to purchase later this week.

Crotteau

Quick Reply: Anyone have a steering stabilizer?