help...vibration after getting stuck in mud

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help...vibration after getting stuck in mud

i went wheelin yesterday and buried my stock 1999 f150 4x4 to the frame in mud. on the way home, i noticed a vibration from the front went going down the highway. feels like warped rotors do when you brake, but does it while driving. i have not crawled under yet to check things out. any help on what i should look for when i get under there?

Old 04-29-2002, 11:25 AM
Thumbs up Same thing with my Jeep

Everytime I'd take it out mudding, I'd get weird vibrations afterwards. Mine turned out to be mud built up on the wheel. I've also had friends that knocked their wheel weights off while spinning in ruts. I'd check those 2 things first.

Bob

Old 04-30-2002, 09:13 PM
The first time I took my truck out mudding I really had some fun and got real muddy. On the way home the truck and steering were vibrating and shaking really bad. I thought I really screwed something up. Talked to a buddy who is a long time 4X4er and told me to clean the wheels. I got underneath the truck and scraped off all of the mud on the inside of the wheels== WA LA, problem fixed.

In subsequent mud adventures I have experimented with cleaning other various mud off to see an effect but it never fails, if I clean the inside of the wheels the shaking goes away. Something to do with the balance I think.

Hope this helps,

Mark D

Old 04-30-2002, 09:20 PM
I've been mudding before and the next day I took my truck on the Interstate. The best thing that I have found to do is rent or borrow a pressure washer and remove each tire one by one and clean the tire and where the tire mounts. That should work.

Blaze

Old 05-01-2002, 06:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Remove the mud from the wheels and it should go away.

Quick Reply: help...vibration after getting stuck in mud