Airlifters (airbags)...are they good for stability/levelling when towing?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlifters (airbags)...are they good for stability/levelling when towing?????

Wonder if anyone has installed Airlifters (airbags) in the rear end of their truck and whether performance has included improved stability from side to side, as well as levelling the load from truck to trailer? After reviewing the various options to improve stability and level while towing, it appears to me that Airbags are the way to go. However I have never used these before and while I am seriously thinking of installing them in my 92 F-150 4x4, would appreciate any comments from those who have had some experience with this suspension. Thanks,
JP

Old 04-14-2002, 08:47 AM
air bags

I got the 2500 lb. air lift bags on mine , I kept the 10 lb. min. in the bags ,except when I tow then I pump them up, the difference is like night and day. dan

Old 04-14-2002, 01:34 PM
Thanks Dan, sounds like they have worked for you. So you have noticed a more stable ride side to side in the rear-end when towing the trailer? I find a little swaying motion in the rear when towing currently and look to these bags eliminating that feel. Wonder how much air do you add when towing? How long is your trailer? and what kind of truck do you have? Thanks,
JP

Old 04-25-2002, 07:50 PM
Just want to say that my Airlifters worked great. Very noticeable improvement in stability and ride, the trailer really towed a whole lot better. Also gives me the flexibility when I don't have the trailer connected. Highly recommend these for anyone looking for improved ride and stability.
JP

Quick Reply: Airlifters (airbags)...are they good for stability/levelling when towing?????