2014 F150 Level, Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 F150 Level, Wheels and Tires

I did a ton of research on the forum while deciding what I wanted to do with my truck, so I thought I would post a few pics of my final product in hopes that it will help someone else decide on a package. Thanks again for all of your help in figuring things out!

2014 f150 SCREW XLT with a v8 is what I started with. I bought a rough country level kit. It came with a 2.5 inch spacer up front, an inch block in the back (which is actually some kind of polyurethane...didnt expect that), and two RC N2.0 shocks for the rear. We started up front, and when we were done with the two front spacers, it looked pretty darn level. When I started, I measured about 1.75 inches of rake from front to back, so I'm not sure how a 2.5 level didnt have the nose too high, but thats what I ended up with. I decided to add the rear shocks (NO blocks) and gained a little height out back with those. Right now, unloaded, I'm sitting right at 1/2 inch higher in the back. To the naked eye, looks dead level to me.

The wheels are **** Cepek torques, 17x8.5 with a +6mm offset. Tires are Cooper STT's in a 315/70r17. They stick out maybe an inch. Its actually less than I thought based on pictures I had looked at online of similar wheel/tire packages. I had to trim the front air dam as expected. I did get a little rub in the back at full lock, but rather than slice my inner fenders up, I drilled a hole about an inch from the bottom edge of both sides. Two zip ties through a hole in the bottom of the floor pan and I had plenty of room to turn all the way, both ways. Enough with the specs, any questions feel free to ask!

Old 04-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Looks great!

Old 04-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your research obviously paid off, the truck looks great and by doing your homework it went together without any headaches. The zip tie trick I learned on this forum years ago and it works, did it to mine over 7 years ago and still have not had to replace them.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Truck looks great...good job!

Old 04-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Thanks guys. I definitely did my fair share of research. Couldn't believe how hard it was to find a set of wheels that weren't black. PawPaw thanks again, I know you answered my questions on several occasions. You were a big help with my wheel/tire selection.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Great post & I really like your setup. If you wanted your tires to stick out a bit further, another inch or so, what would the offset be?

Old 04-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Thanks! I think the most popular offset that would get you an inch farther out would be a -12. These are a +6....if I remember right every 12 mm is ~ half an inch. Its not really quite that simple though, as your tire choice plays a role as well. I looked at 315/70 and 35x12.5 tires ranging between 12.2 and 13.4 (I think) in actual measured width. My point being your tires are just as important as your wheels. I don't think there is any way I could have put a -12 offset wheel in my truck with this set up and not cut metal for clearance. I have seen trucks on here and other sites that say they have... I think tires/engine/options all play a role, so really we are all comparing apples to oranges. That about as clear as mud???

Quick Reply: 2014 F150 Level, Wheels and Tires