remote reservior shocks whos got them

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remote reservior shocks whos got them

im looking to buy buy a set of shocks for my truck, i would love a set of remote resi's, i dont really need them but if im going to spend the cash i like to do it right the first time does anyone have a set installed on a obs 4wd? how does it ride? and i would love to see pics and part numbers? my truck is leveled with an add-a-leave, 3" bl, and 35/12.50-20 and i throw it in the rocks when ever possible right now my fabtech shocks have blown both lower bushings

Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://www.f150online.com/forums/wh...ocks-long.html

Only problem is, even though your truck is 'leveled', body lift, and all that, you still take a stock shock. Only way I know you can get a remote resi shock is to go with a custom length shock from someone. You may be out of luck unless you get a suspension lift, but shop around.

The remote reservoir does not influence the ride in any way. i.e. my 9000 remote resi's ride exaclty the same as a standard set of 9000's. All the reservior does is increase fluid capacity to keep the shock cooler longer and prevents fading...but you really gotta work a street truck to ever reach that condition. On our trucks, it's probably even fair to say you'd break a lot of stuff before you ever over-worked a quality shock.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what gets me is i blew both bottom bushings out at the same time, and ever since i put the fabtechs on it would sound as though the shocks were bottoming out at full droop, i guess im going to jack it up and let the wheel hang and then loosen the top shock mount to see if its holding it back from full droop, i might just go with the 5100 or the 9000s anyway but i want to get the right ones the first time

Old 01-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Once again...no 5100's for your truck. 5100's are for suspension lifted vehicles. The fact that you have cranked your torsion bars and installed a body lift, does not constitute a need for anything other than stock length shocks.

Quick Reply: remote reservior shocks whos got them