Anyone use PartsMaster wheel hubs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone use PartsMaster wheel hubs?

I have a 99 4x4 with a six inch lift.It needs a wheel alignment badly.So I head to the nearest dealer.(200kms,one way)When I get there,they look at my rig and say I need a passenger wheel hub before they can align the truck.Fine,thats only right.Here's where it goes downhill.They have to order it,none in stock.Obviously a poor dealer in my view.What Ford dealer doesn't stock most common parts.But, whatever, it's a small town dealer.So they order it, and I travel 200kms back to my house.A few days later they send the bearing to me, not a genuine Ford part, but one from PartsMaster, made in China.I install it only to find out it is as sloppy as the one I just removed.Phone the dealer who sold it to me, who said maybe it's a bad bearing, and to drive in to see them in a few days, and they will replace it.Another 200km drive and 3 hrs in the waithing room,they come out and tell me that the new PartsMaster bearing is NFG too.The service manager comes to me and says it may be a bad front axle.Sounds fishy, but then he asks if I want to order one.I say, what if is ain't the axle, will you send it back?He says no, if it's installed, the can't take it back.I tell him forget it, I'm not paying for your guesses.Right there should have been my clue to walk away, but I need my truck fixed.So I told them to get me a real Ford part, and we will try again in a week, when the part shows up.
So, my question is: Has anyone had bad parts from PartsMaster?Is this appropriate conduct for my dealer?Should I start to make a stink about this?The dealer knows that each time they make a mistake, it cost me 400 kms of driving and gas,with a bad wheel bearing and an alignment which threatens to send me into the ditch or traffic in an instant, which they seem not to care about.
By the way, this dealer is in Flin Flon Manitoba, in case you want to steer clear of them.

Quick Reply: Anyone use PartsMaster wheel hubs?