Magnaflow Exhaust questions Dual or Custom?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow Exhaust questions Dual or Custom?

I'm looking to replace the exhaust after the factory exhaust rotted off my '97 4.6 4x4. I've been looking at some dual exhaust systems on ebay. I like this SI/DO setup with a stainless magnaflow and stainless tips:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3475&viewitem=

I have also been considering doing a custom job and buying an adapter to change from 2.5" to 3", then putting on a Magnaflow 11219 3" in 3" out stainless muffler and running that though a Magnaflow 15038 3" stainless tailpipe and out the passenger side. I think the big pipe should make a pretty good sound, but it's a pretty small muffler so I'm afraid it might be raspy. Anyone have any idea what it might sound like. Basically, I want a somewhat loud, low tone without sounding obnoxious. I don't want to spend more than $250 and I don't really care whether it's dual or single, etc. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nate

Old 02-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That kit has crushed/crimped bent pipes so i'm instantly going to say no. Buy the muffler and have your shop bend it mandrel, or smooth, and out of stainless if available/affordable.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Any idea why my post was moved to "Suspension"?

Old 02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by natron80
Any idea why my post was moved to "Suspension"?
I just noticed this. Maybe one of our moderators mis-guided it and put it in Aftermarket Suspension instead of Aftermarket Exhaust/Intake. For future eference you may want to ask your aftermarket part questinos in aftermarket sections

Old 02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
That kit has crushed/crimped bent pipes so i'm instantly going to say no. Buy the muffler and have your shop bend it mandrel, or smooth, and out of stainless if available/affordable.
X2.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust questions Dual or Custom?