leveling kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leveling kit questions

I am getting my 2" tuff country leveling kit installed tomorrow. I wanted to ask a couple questions:
Will me installing this 2" leveling kit put any extra stress on the suspension and any will it cause wear and tear to increase on any parts?

My next question is will the leveling kit void any of my warranty?

The instructions for the kit say that i need to retorque after 60 miles of driving. Is this necessary?

I just want to make sure of any bad things that could happen by me putting this leveling kit on the truck.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:26 PM
first off, it wont really make any difference on wear and tear, but your warranty is most likely going to be voided so take that into consideration, and retorquing is definately necessary. the bolts tend to loosen a little after some driving, and you also usually go back and retorque after about 400 or 500 miles. but it is totally worth it man. give it the stance it needs

Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The kit will increase your CV and ball joint angles so wear and tear will be increased slightly. It should not void your warranty. Many dealers install these leveling kits on new trucks, they just charge $500 to $1000. However, some dealers are idiots and seem to be looking for any reason to void a warranty. The best advise is to ask YOUR dealership.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Well guys I went for it. I just dropped the truck off to get the leveling kit put on. I called the dealership this morning and the guy told me that they love to do warranty work. He said that even with the leveling kit they would probably do any warranty work they could becuase they are slow. He said that the only way it would hurt my warranty is if it was the direct cause of the problem, but told me that most of the time it was impossible to prove that. I should have it back sometime after lunch.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! Your dealer actually gave you a truthful answer.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Well i just got thte truck back. They only charged me 119.95 to install the kit and realign the front end. This price also includes the retorque after 400 miles. I bought the lift from a guy on ebay that messed up the auction and i got it shipped for $2.25. No this is not a typo. I have a total of $123.00 in my total kit installed. It looks so much better im really glad i went ahead and got it done.

Wandell yeah i was surprised at what the dealership said. I know they do like the warranty work but for a service rep to tell me that is pretty special. Thanks for the advice man i really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: leveling kit questions